Home

Petition for an Injury Slider:

This is a discussion on Petition for an Injury Slider: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool Petition for an Injury Slider:

I really hate to throw wood on the fire, but would it be possible to give us an update that has an 'Injury Slider'?

I shouldn't have to state the obvious, but I can go a whole season in franchise mode with no severe injuries. Injuries are a significant part of my Madden gaming experience. Because it forces me to use strategy. For example, Instead of play conservative when i have a significant lead, I can just light up the scoreboard knowing my star players don't have a shot at a incurring a season ending knee injury. *cough (Tom Brady)

Please give us an injury slider. I mean, do we really have to wait another year to have a realistic football-sim?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Petition for an Injury Slider:

Not to burst your bubble but an injury slider doesn't qualify as an "update"...more of a 2010 wishlist item.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

this was in before, why was it took out. madden - put something in, take something out
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
Not to burst your bubble but an injury slider doesn't qualify as an "update"...more of a 2010 wishlist item.

How is that a wishlist item? I mean this is a football-sim, right?
I can see if i asked for something stupid like cheerleaders.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
How is that a wishlist item? I mean this is a football-sim, right?
I can see if i asked for something stupid like cheerleaders.
From my understanding an update is something already incorporated into the game.

Plus it just won't happen in 2009. Cuts into development for 2010. It's not an "issue"...it's a wishlist item.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
From my understanding an update is something already incorporated into the game.

Plus it just won't happen in 2009. Cuts into development for 2010. It's not an "issue"...it's a wishlist item.

Hooray! So i payed 60$ for an arcade game!

Is it really that difficulty to increase the frequency of severe injuries to a realistic level?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

all updates have been done. Injury slider is something they are looking into adding next year.

The thread "25 must haves" has injury slider being one of the 25 must haves from the community standpoint for Madden 2010.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

They could have increased the frequency of severe injuries in patch 2 as injuries are already in the game, such as they are doing with the penalty sliders in patch 2 by increasing their effectiveness. Adding a slider will be a 2010 addition if they choose to do that.

People needed to be more vocal about this issue early on and it would have made patch 2. I really like injuries as it makes depth an important part of team building but I can live with waiting till 2010, I just hope an injury (sensitive) slider does get added for next year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »