Home

Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09

This is a discussion on Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Is Brett Favre overrated on Madden 09

Here's irony for you. Many here seem to think that the ratings don't mean anything, yet complain that the ratings are too high/low. As for Favre, it's probably a bit high but nothing to really worry about. I think a 90+ is justified, so a few points seems trivial. As for the guy mentioning his accuracy rating, I disagree. He's not inaccurate, just reckless. If anything, I would say this would serve as another point in the argument for more expansive (and fully functioning) ratings...particularly for QBs.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitters_1981
I am a lifelong GB fan but I can agree with you especially when Rodgers just had better stats than favre tonight and is rated in the middle 80's. I know he isn't a proven qb like Brett but c'mon. Brett did have a great year last year but I also recall his 06-07 season where he threw more Interceptions than Touchdowns, so why his accuracy is in the high 90's IDK??? It's not sour grapes or anger towards Brett but simple common sense, I think that a rating in the 90's in madden should be a rarity and not the norm.
Rodgers didn't have better stats than Favre. They were about the same, except for the rushing stats... but that's not really a factor in this argument. They both equaled the same amount of touchdowns (2) and led their teams to victory. When Aaron is second in MVP voting, let alone wins a few MVP awards... then we can talk. Till then, Brett is looking like he did last year. The same strong arm, the same attitude, the same everything. Just because a guy wants to retire, then decides not too, doesn't mean he should have his ratings dropped... he had a great year last year, he's worked out during the off season, and played during pre-season. It's not like he was laying in bed for 4 months, then showed up at the field in his gear ready to play.

What those of you arguing that he's rated too high are forgetting, is that EA doesn't rate them for the future. They're not really in the business of predicting how a player is going to be during the season. They rated him based off of last year... where he was second in MVP voting, and one pass away from the Superbowl. Again, I'm a Vikings fan, and hate Brett with a passion... but this is just a plain stupid argument. Now if you want to argue if the ratings in Madden even make a difference, well then you've got something to talk about.

-Jason
Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbin
Rodgers didn't have better stats than Favre. They were about the same, except for the rushing stats... but that's not really a factor in this argument. They both equaled the same amount of touchdowns (2) and led their teams to victory. When Aaron is second in MVP voting, let alone wins a few MVP awards... then we can talk. Till then, Brett is looking like he did last year. The same strong arm, the same attitude, the same everything. Just because a guy wants to retire, then decides not too, doesn't mean he should have his ratings dropped... he had a great year last year, he's worked out during the off season, and played during pre-season. It's not like he was laying in bed for 4 months, then showed up at the field in his gear ready to play.

What those of you arguing that he's rated too high are forgetting, is that EA doesn't rate them for the future. They're not really in the business of predicting how a player is going to be during the season. They rated him based off of last year... where he was second in MVP voting, and one pass away from the Superbowl. Again, I'm a Vikings fan, and hate Brett with a passion... but this is just a plain stupid argument. Now if you want to argue if the ratings in Madden even make a difference, well then you've got something to talk about.

-Jason

I can see you starting to hate Rodgers with a passion in the next few years......From what I was seeing tonight it was easy to see that he learned everything he knows from Brett. I tell ya though if the vikings and the pack don't start cleaning it up a lil we are going to lose more yds from penalties than we gain. I hate seeing a beautiful td go down the drain due to a penalty.

Last edited by Jitters_1981; 09-09-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitters_1981
I can see you starting to hate Rodgers with a passion in the next few years......From what I was seeing tonight it was easy to see that he learned everything he knows from Brett. I tell ya though if the vikings and the pack don't start cleaning it up a lil we are going to lose more yds from penalties than we gain. I hate seeing a beautiful td go down the drain due to a penalty.
That game was just odd... something like 22 penalty's, no turnovers through the entire game... until that very last pass from TJ. Guys shoving each other, a fight looking like it was going to break out at any minute, and then at the end of the game hugs all around and smiles. Sometimes pro-sports makes you scratch your head. Oh, and believe me... the hatred of Rodgers has already begun

-Jason
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbin
That game was just odd... something like 22 penalty's, no turnovers through the entire game... until that very last pass from TJ. Guys shoving each other, a fight looking like it was going to break out at any minute, and then at the end of the game hugs all around and smiles. Sometimes pro-sports makes you scratch your head. Oh, and believe me... the hatred of Rodgers has already begun

-Jason
Let's hope it's a long hate.

The rating for Favre is fine, nothing to lose sleep over.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

That 2nd TD that Favre got was a fluke. If you watch the play there shouldve been offensive holding called because a lineman was rushing in for a sack and the guy behind him was holding on to his jersey which bought Brett more time.

My EASportworld.com profile. Check it for some GREAT Giants plays.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4664087
Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Madden over-rates a lot of players, it's been like this for years. Lets look at some other players, Vince Young - 90 last year, 89 this year ( are you serious?), Marion Barber rated 93 overall while Brandon Jacobs is only a 87, Brandon Jacobs did better than Barber in almost every category last season. But you know what's the best thing about these ratings? You can change them to your liking!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I think Favre's ratings are fairly accurate.

But his absents to the Packers in my Vikings franchise may be overrated. As of now Green Bay is 0-7. Looks like in my franchise anyway....GB screwed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »