Home

CPU audible adjustment

This is a discussion on CPU audible adjustment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5
CPU audible adjustment

I'm not sure if this can be considered a bug as it seems like a conscious decision on EA's part to put this in the game (and it's in keeping with the cheap AI) but does anyone know if there are plans to get rid of the CPU's ability to adjust to every "on-the-fly" audible that you call? I'm sure this has been mentioned before at some point but there's far too much to go through on this forum. It is incredibly annoying when I see that the D might blitz on a run play, quick audible to a PA play in the same formation and see the defenders move out of the box and man up. I think I even saw an instance where I changed a player's route to a streak instead of his normal quick slant to the sideline and the receiver backs off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: CPU audible adjustment

This part of Madden has been frustrating me for years. Football strategy 101: You run the ball to open up the passing game, and pass the ball to open up the run.

When I successfully pass 6 plays in a row from a 4WR shotgun set, then call a draw from the same formation on 2nd and long, the defense should NOT have 8 men in the box. After running 4 plays in a row, when PA passing out of a strong I form on 2nd and short, the defense should be caught off gaurd and not dropping 5 DBs into zone.

Right now it seems Madden encourages you to find a handful of money plays/routes and exploit them, rather than use true football strategy to put together solid offensive drives.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »