Home

Wow I think I found the most slept on player in Franchise mode.

This is a discussion on Wow I think I found the most slept on player in Franchise mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Wow I think I found the most slept on player in Franchise mode.

I decided to look through all the depth charts post roster update #2 and saw an amazing QB buried on the depth chart.

Josh Johnson, hes the 4th string Rookie QB on Tampa Bay. Hes rated a 72 because his awareness is a 42, but check out this guys other ratings.

THP: 87
THA: 83
SPD: 88
AGI: 85
ACC: 84
ELU: 86
BCV: 88
SPM: 74
JKM: 88
CAR: 75
JMP: 75
STA: 94
INJ: 92

3rd string QB Luke Mcown is a 77 OVR, but only has an edge on him in awareness (66 AWR) and Trucking (60 TRK) he is worse than Johnson in just about every category (including accuracy) and tied with him in throwing power.

2nd string QB Brian Griese is a 77 OVR also, but only has an edge on Johnson in awareness (73) and accuracy (86).

starting QB Jeff Garcia is an 89 ovr. He only has an edge on Johnson in awareness (88) and accuracy (87). His throwing power is one lower than Johnson (86).

Damn talk about a bright prospect for the future. Especially considering how old the Bucs offense is. I'l never understand how they made this guy (who played in the FCS in college) better than Dennis Dixon, but ill enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited by Juice Malone; 09-11-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Wow I think I found the most slept on player in Franchise mode.

Yeah he's crazy!

Bucs=Hardest team to start a franchise with.
After year 1 - garcia, brooks, and galloway all retire. GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis_coole
Yeah he's crazy!

Bucs=Hardest team to start a franchise with.
After year 1 - garcia, brooks, and galloway all retire. GOOD LUCK!
I think the dolphins might be a little harder, but yea having old players doesnt help.

I dont know if im going start a franchise with the Bucs and trade Garcia or make Johnson the starter my 2nd year after Garcia retires or choose another team with a QB problem and bring Johnson in as a possible starter. Maybe the Bears or 49ers? We'll see i guess.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone
Josh Johnson, hes the 4th string Rookie QB on Tampa Bay. Hes rated a 72 because his awareness is a 42, but check out this guys other ratings.

Yeah, those numbers look real good, would make a great scrambling QB. Of course I only scramble when I really need to, but he would definitely get you out of a jam and could be abused with speed like that. As far as the awareness goes, I don't think it even matters what a QBs awareness is when it's Human controlled. I could be wrong, and if I am I would like to know what it does for a Human controlled player.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

I think I'm going to do a "LIVE" webisode on www.justin.tv/yuckmouf and show you guys how to master build any team in the game in four years...

I'm a stud with franchise...all I play for hours on end.... I've prided myself in taking a team from zero to superbowl contenders in no less that 4 years...

Let me know if you guys would be interested in watching it... i'll post a scheduled time today if enough people are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

If you watched the combine this past April you got to know Josh Johnson very well. He was a combine darling. Had very good workouts. Small school sleeper.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone
I decided to look through all the depth charts post roster update #2 and saw an amazing QB buried on the depth chart.

THP: 87
THA: 83
SPD: 88
AGI: 85
ACC: 84
ELU: 86
BCV: 88
SPM: 74
JKM: 88
CAR: 75
JMP: 75
STA: 94
INJ: 92
Yet another great example of the speed rating being king in EA games.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Yeah, those numbers look real good, would make a great scrambling QB. Of course I only scramble when I really need to, but he would definitely get you out of a jam and could be abused with speed like that. As far as the awareness goes, I don't think it even matters what a QBs awareness is when it's Human controlled. I could be wrong, and if I am I would like to know what it does for a Human controlled player.
Thats exactly my point, it doesnt matter. He has a low rating because his AWR is terrible, a stat that does not effect performance if a player is user controller. You'll be controlling the qb 90% of the time, so you shouldnt notice any difference.

If the CPU controlled him he would be garbage.

His speed could be abused, but when i play with a scrambler i dont just do rollouts, i stay in the pocket and only take off if i dont have any other good options. I also design my whole playbook around a scrambler, one that allows me to run qb draws and qb choices out of shotgun.

Last edited by Juice Malone; 09-11-2008 at 02:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »