Home

I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider?

This is a discussion on I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Both. Though I will admit I do sim games quite often so I see it most often from that.

And by simming, I mean watching CPU vs. CPU games.
If you do CPU vs. CPU I am 99% sure it's not going to be using your user sliders. It's going to be default skill level / sliders.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
If you do CPU vs. CPU I am 99% sure it's not going to be using your user sliders. It's going to be default skill level / sliders.
Even when you have the custom sliders set at default and actually start the game controlling a team?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Even when you have the custom sliders set at default and actually start the game controlling a team?
Oh, not that. Seems like the dummy slider stuff actually works based on the posts on this forum (I haven't actually had the time to verify but everyone here swears it works so I kind of assumed it did).

I thought you meant you were just starting it CPU vs CPU from the menu (in which case it would use default sliders and settings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Oh, not that. Seems like the dummy slider stuff actually works based on the posts on this forum (I haven't actually had the time to verify but everyone here swears it works so I kind of assumed it did).

I thought you meant you were just starting it CPU vs CPU from the menu (in which case it would use default sliders and settings).
Haha. No, I've been trying all of that dummy profile stuff since it's inception.

I'm pretty happy that the CPU vs. CPU option returned for the next gen Madden, actually. I know we're a weird minority, but we're out there.

Anyway, do you know of another slider that might need adjusting to solve this?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Both. Though I will admit I do sim games quite often so I see it most often from that.

And by simming, I mean watching CPU vs. CPU games.

Shewww, I was gettin' ready to say you must be the best Madden gamer ever if you can't adjust it so hard that it prevents you from picking off the CPU. One or two a game at the most is all I like to pick off the CPU, and like to go games where I don't get the first pick. So at one point, until I got it adjusted correctly, I had it adjusted so difficult that it was absolutely impossible to intercept the ball. The ball would hit right dead square in the center of their hands while they were squared up to it and watching it all the way in and still not intercept it, no matter who it was or how good of ratings he had.

They're now just about perfect. Defenders still drop balls that hit them in the hand, just like real life, but I can still get an INT every now and again when conditions are just right.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

the developers at EA really needs to address the Int's issue. It's not just 09 but Madden has become an INT-Fest for awhile now. This to me is definitly a game killer. This is serious and needs to be corrected in future Madden games. The sliders doesn't even help at all even if it is set to the lowest.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #15
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
The sliders doesn't even help at all even if it is set to the lowest.

Works perfect in my game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
It definitely was addressed...I verified myself. The common theme on these forums on these boards is "robo-QB"...I don't know if I've seen anyone else post that QB's (especially Manning) are throwing 7 INT's a game. How often is that happening for you?

I think the interceptions and robo QB are both real. This was something that I brought up when you were giving us those simmed QB passing stats before Madden hit the shelves. AI incompletions in Madden are mostly interceptions. You see way too many stat lines like the ones you posted earlier this summer...18-23 with 3 interceptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »