Home

I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider?

This is a discussion on I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider?

So why am I still seeing Peyton Manning throw seven interceptions a game with the slider set at 0?

Sorry, the title is supposed to read "patch", have no clue what happened there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: I thought the first pacth amplified the effects of the interception slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
So why am I still seeing Peyton Manning throw seven interceptions a game with the slider set at 0?

Sorry, the title is supposed to read "patch", have no clue what happened there.
It definitely was addressed...I verified myself. The common theme on these forums on these boards is "robo-QB"...I don't know if I've seen anyone else post that QB's (especially Manning) are throwing 7 INT's a game. How often is that happening for you?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Pretty much every game. Every other game if I'm lucky.

Sometimes I see rookies or guys with poor ratings throw this many picks, which is understandable, but not for guys like Manning or Brady or the like.

I know that you helped program the game, but don't know how well you know the sliders. I've tried every combination I can think of. Turn the interceptions down, turn them up hoping to get the opposite effect (kind of like the fumbles slider and running back ability), turned defensive reactions down, turned them up, turned QB accuracy up and so on.

But at least the two quarterbacks aren't combining for eleven or more interceptions, like I saw when I first got the game.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

I threw 5 INTs with Donovan McNabb today by early in the 3rd quarter and just quit the game.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm not even talking about myself throwing them. If I make a bad read or throw a bad pass, I expect the defense to take advantage of it.

But when I'm playing against the Colts or Patriots or simming games, it's just no fun winning like this or seeing guys of that caliber play like that.

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I'm not even talking about myself throwing them. If I make a bad read or throw a bad pass, I expect the defense to take advantage of it.

But when I'm playing against the Colts or Patriots or simming games, it's just no fun winning like this or seeing guys of that caliber play like that.

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

You're on 360 or PS3?

Again, I see everyone complaining that the CPU QB's are way too good. It is scary to hear that for you they are setting INT records.

I know that slider very well in particular because I personally changed the code for the patch. That slider scales the INT chances +/- upwards of 75% (which is a heck of a lot compared to most of the other sliders). So say a DB has a 35% chance to pick the ball off (which could be a typical number for a good DB after all his ratings checks and such)...with the slider at zero that guy now only has an ~8.75% chance of successfully picking it off.

I don't know if that slider in particular takes simming games into account though. Are you seeing this during sim or during gameplay?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
Rookie

360 version.

Perhaps I'm just the odd-ball here? I'd like to see the opposing QB play well to give me a good game. Like I said, one or two a game is fine, but anything above three is just very, very rare.

Is there a location in which the patches are located so maybe I can try to download it again or something?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I don't know if that slider in particular takes simming games into account though. Are you seeing this during sim or during gameplay?
Both. Though I will admit I do sim games quite often so I see it most often from that.

And by simming, I mean watching CPU vs. CPU games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »