Home

Interception returns

This is a discussion on Interception returns within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Interception returns

That problem exist as well when you manually overtake a WR after a catch. Press the sprint button and you will see slowing him down at the beginning...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

HAHA... i thought i was just really bad at returning ints cos i see videos all the time of people returning them for tds but my guy always got caught (even when i looked at my guys speed 93, acc 90 and the guy who caught me speed 78 acc 80).
well i prob am still bad at returning em but atleast i know it's not entirely my fault .
Old 09-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Has anyone else noticed that players seem artificially slowed down once they intercept a pass? I've thought something was up since the game came out, but recently I picked off a pass with a corner and managed to get into the open, I was holding the sprint button but he was running noticeably slower than he should have, I even got caught from behind by an o-lineman.

I'm not saying I should be able to take it to the house every time like in previous year, but if I'm wide open in space I shouldn't get caught from behind by a guard. Is there anything I can do to overcome this issue happening every time I pick off a pass or is it something we're stuck with?
It doesn't just happen on INTs. It happens on offense too. I've been caught a number of time by a FAT DT when I already caught the ball 11 yards from the line of scrimmage in the secondary already.

This is another major problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
It doesn't just happen on INTs. It happens on offense too. I've been caught a number of time by a FAT DT when I already caught the ball 11 yards from the line of scrimmage in the secondary already.

This is another major problem.
Yes, that is also true, there are some strange mechanics involving the line of scrimmage for sure. Especially the ol' sprint button causing defenders to immediately get off their blocks. I understand the necessity of it, but I wish the developers could come up with a less cheap way to accomplish gameplay balance.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yes, that is also true, there are some strange mechanics involving the line of scrimmage for sure. Especially the ol' sprint button causing defenders to immediately get off their blocks. I understand the necessity of it, but I wish the developers could come up with a less cheap way to accomplish gameplay balance.

All very true, especially the comment on the sprint button causing defenders to immediately break blocks. This is the main reason why so many are having such a hard time running. Once you train yourself to stay off of the sprint until you're in the open your run game will dramatically improve. I have done that, and of course have adjusted my sliders, and my games play pretty much perfect now. Sometimes I can't rush at all, but when I play smart, follow my blockers, read the defense, and hit sprint only when it's safe I can rush for well over 100 yards a game with 4-5 yards per carry. I even had a few games of over 5 & 6 yards per carry and one game I had 8.2 yards per carry. So all in all, I like what they've done to make rushing more realistic, and until they figure out a better way of doing it this works for me. People just need to train themselves to not immediately hit sprint.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
All very true, especially the comment on the sprint button causing defenders to immediately break blocks. This is the main reason why so many are having such a hard time running. Once you train yourself to stay off of the sprint until you're in the open your run game will dramatically improve. I have done that, and of course have adjusted my sliders, and my games play pretty much perfect now. Sometimes I can't rush at all, but when I play smart, follow my blockers, read the defense, and hit sprint only when it's safe I can rush for well over 100 yards a game with 4-5 yards per carry. I even had a few games of over 5 & 6 yards per carry and one game I had 8.2 yards per carry. So all in all, I like what they've done to make rushing more realistic, and until they figure out a better way of doing it this works for me. People just need to train themselves to not immediately hit sprint.
Very true, but my other complaint about the running game is how the controls aren't analog anymore. There is only one speed for the back when you push the stick forward even just a little bit. It makes the finite movement of getting forward but staying back slightly to allow the blocking to set up extra difficult.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #15
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Very true, but my other complaint about the running game is how the controls aren't analog anymore. There is only one speed for the back when you push the stick forward even just a little bit. It makes the finite movement of getting forward but staying back slightly to allow the blocking to set up extra difficult.

Yeah, but there is somewhat of a work-around for that, although analog would still give the greatest control and needs to be put back in. Anyway, to slow down more to allow a block to setup, just hold the cover ball button, RB on the 360, I assume R1 on the PS/PS2/PS3. Once the block is setup release and he'll come back up to normal speed, then if you get into the clear hit the sprint. So you actually have 3 speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »