Home

2010 Must Haves or else!

This is a discussion on 2010 Must Haves or else! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #9
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2010 Must Haves or else!

The receivers need to have the ability to leave the ground and jump for a ball or 2010 is a bust - No matter what.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #10
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't think 25 things is too much at all, especially considering that there are only around 5-10 that would require serious "overhaul." I actually think that the wishlist (at least the one Ian based off of what he perceived to be tops for us) was very realistic as far as expectations go. For me, if franchise is finally given some legit attention (including presentation) and the core of the gameplay (meaning primarily OL/DL play and WR/DB interaction) and animations are built on, I'm a happy guy. Nothing wrong with doing more though.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I am a bit concerned that peoples expectations will be simply too high for Madden 2010.

Could be I feel this way due to the baby steps I'm use to seeing through the years. If we were to see the original list of 25 things accomplished all for next years game [and done correctly], that would be great. But I do believe that seems a bit too optimistic to think we'll see all of those things for '10'.

I sure hope I'm proven wrong...but I'm going to be cautious about what can be expected in just one cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

Madden 30 for the XBOX whatever and the PS10 will be the bomb......
Old 09-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: John Madden 2010 consumer "Must-haves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Back when Take Two was still making 2K5, they had to go from the Sega Sports presentation to the ESPN presentation they had in 2K5 on the lat gen engine so it is very possible that they could do that in 9 months

Yeah, it's possible, but this is EA we're talking about. Maybe 2011 can have a great presentation, but rightnow they need to focus on gameplay and online modes.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
More important than any of those in my opinion ... offensive and defensive line ineteraction. PLEASE get that fixed. O-line does an absolutely horrible job of representing actual blocking, and I don't think I need to provide details on the "No Sack" issue we're left with this year.

After that, FRANCHISE, FRANCHISE, FRANCHISE ......
I think the passing/receiving system is completely broken. But I do agree with you 100%, however that should be something they focus on for 2011 after they've fixed the passing system and franchise because we have to accept that EA will be as "cost effective" as possible.

Note: with a better passing system we would see better line interaction!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't think 25 things is too much at all, especially considering that there are only around 5-10 that would require serious "overhaul." I actually think that the wishlist (at least the one Ian based off of what he perceived to be tops for us) was very realistic as far as expectations go. For me, if franchise is finally given some legit attention (including presentation) and the core of the gameplay (meaning primarily OL/DL play and WR/DB interaction) and animations are built on, I'm a happy guy. Nothing wrong with doing more though.
Yeah. And I have a bridge and a tunnel to sell for $.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 AM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
Yeah. And I have a bridge and a tunnel to sell for $.
Cute that you imply ignorance or gullability on my part when I didn't say any of those things would be implemented. I simply listed what I would personally like implemented and I was only casually referred to the fact that the expectations reflected in the base list were not unrealistic...particularly since most were fairly non-specific.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »