Home

guys ...you have to try this!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on guys ...you have to try this!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
guys ...you have to try this!!!!!!!

hey guys....just thought i would tell you that if you have nfl head coach 09 , you can create plays and import them to madden 09. i know most of you know this, but if you really play with formations and player routes with motion, you can create some unique routes that give your recievers great seperation,

i have created screens that give give your rb or wr great vision of the blocking ahead of you.

i have also set up unique pass plays not available in madden . these plays allow recievers to get open in the zone or man to man coverage.

madden 09 is a great game , but the plays are geared for structured madden defensive plays. by adding or creating you own unique play routes, it throws a wrench in how the cpu trys to defend your guys.

i have had great catching animations on the all madden level. in the past it would be rare to get great seperation on that level.

now recievers get seperation to actually dive and make catchets or just tip it to themselfs.

a great game just got better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: guys ...you have to try this!!!!!!!

You cant imagine how much I hate it, that HeadCoach is region-locked
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

What is really stupid is the fact that create-a-play was in the game on PS2 and Xbox (not sure if it still is or not), but on the 360 and PS3 they take it out. Everyone complains about it for several years. Then they put a "new feature" in the game, create-a-play, but you have to buy an whole other game for it. I'm not into simming video games, I buy them to play, not let the CPU simulate it for me, so I have no use at all for Head Coach that's for sure so i'm definitely not buying it just for a feature that should be in Madden to begin with.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
What is really stupid is the fact that create-a-play was in the game on PS2 and Xbox (not sure if it still is or not), but on the 360 and PS3 they take it out. Everyone complains about it for several years. Then they put a "new feature" in the game, create-a-play, but you have to buy an whole other game for it. I'm not into simming video games, I buy them to play, not let the CPU simulate it for me, so I have no use at all for Head Coach that's for sure so i'm definitely not buying it just for a feature that should be in Madden to begin with.
You should play HC before you write it off. The game is freaking deep and is easily my favorite game to drop since COD4. If you enjoy the NFL at all you should find some redeeming qualities inside of HC. Trust me!!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
You should play HC before you write it off. The game is freaking deep and is easily my favorite game to drop since COD4. If you enjoy the NFL at all you should find some redeeming qualities inside of HC. Trust me!!
I agree completely. If they had the depth Head Coach had in Madden's franchise mode, I would quit my job and never leave the house...lol. Best of both worlds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex

I didn't really mean to sound like I was putting down the game, i'm sure it is fine for those that are into that type of thing. Myself, I just don't get into simulating stuff in my games. I buy a football game to actually play the sport of football. I'm just upset that they still leave so many things out of Madden on the 360 and PS3 that was in the PS2 versions that I played before buying my 360. It's definitely not a game killer by no means, but considering it was in the game when I played it on my PS2 I expect it to be in my more expensive 360 version.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

They took out playing creating because Human vs Human. There were too many people crying about custom plays being B&B. I think they should migrate both HC and Madden together. Of course that'll never happen since it's easy extra money amrite?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
Rookie

DJDReW3102's Arena

OVR: 7

excuse my newbie-ish ignorance, but B&B? what does that stand for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »