Home

High completion% Patched?

This is a discussion on High completion% Patched? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
High completion% Patched?

I dont know if anyone noticed this but in franchise the majority of QBs have a high completion%. There are always about 5 that throw for 70% and there is never a QB under 60%. Its always middle and high 60s. My rookie threw for 71%. I simmed about 8 seasons to see if this was a problem every season and it was. It affects QB rating. Check it out sim a couple seasons and monitor completion%. I submitted the problem in the complaints thread before the patch but dont know if the patch will correct it. Does anyone know if they mentioned a fix for this? Its so unrealistic.

Last edited by haloofduty; 09-21-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: adding info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: High completion% Patched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I dont know if anyone noticed this but in franchise the majority of QBs have a high completion%. There are always about 5 that throw for 70% and there is never a QB under 60%. Its always middle and high 60s. My rookie threw for 71%. I simmed about 8 seasons to see if this was a problem every season and it was. It affects QB rating. Check it out sim a couple seasons and monitor completion%. I submitted the problem in the complaints thread before the patch but dont know if the patch will correct it. Does anyone know if they mentioned a fix for this? Its so unrealistic.
Nope. No mention of this being fixed in the patch. It is frustrating though. The YPC is too low for receivers also, but the comp% thing is more glaring.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is there a rating that can be edited that will change the completion percentage issue?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Is there a rating that can be edited that will change the completion percentage issue?
I would THINK awareness and accuracy would change that....just not sure what % a person should change each, though. I would think 7-10 each???
Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

This isnt that unrealistic if you look at actual NFL completion percentages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not unrealistic?? LOL
What are you smoking? The single-season record is 72%, and a ton of guys every year throw in the 50's. A QB is labeled as being efficient if he throws 60% or higher. McNabb has had his in the 50's for the majority of his career, so it doesn't mean a guy can't be successful. That being said, that's why McNabb has such a low TH ACC rating in Madden and is often labeled as being inaccurate by commentators.

In Madden, it seems to break down this way:

Throwing Power = Yards
Throwing Accuracy = Completion %
Awareness = Interceptions

Guys like Tony Romo have low awareness because they throw a lot of pics. Romo also has a very high accuracy rating because his comp. % has been in the mid-60's which is excellent. Look at Kurt Warner's completion percentage when he was with the Rams: high 60's. Completion percentage is usually the hallmark of a good QB. Brett Favre, for example, usually throws in the 60's as well which gives him an accuracy rating in the 90's, but has an awareness in the mid 80's because of his propensity to throw picks.

So basically, there is should RARELY (if ever) be guys throwing in the 70's. Elite QB's are usually in the mid/high 60's with everybody else under that mark.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »