Home

Robo QB Do you really want to get rid of it?

This is a discussion on Robo QB Do you really want to get rid of it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Robo QB Do you really want to get rid of it?

Yes robo qb is frustrating. In my experience with this years madden I have seen my fair share of it. I have also seen the cpu running game, and its horrible.

When I play franchise I use rush defense sliders that read 0, 0, and 0. I let madden choose my defense on every play and he makes some, lets say questionable calls.

And yet they still cannot run for over 50 yards on 20 carries.

If you took robo qb out of the game and didnt fix _______(insert original and witty name for the lack of cpu running game) I dont think i would ever lose a game.

Now I am in no way excusing the developers for these flaws in the game, I am simply working with what ive got.

I absolutely hate robo qb, but not for the high completion rate. I cant stand it when one of my defenders makes a good move on an o lineman on the blind side of the qb and then robomode takes hold and he senses the defender that he cant see.

While I can see why people want it patched, I do not. Unless they fix the running game aswell, then I would prefer close games over realistic completion percentages.

Thats just me but. Im sure alot of people disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Robo QB Do you really want to get rid of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Yes robo qb is frustrating. In my experience with this years madden I have seen my fair share of it. I have also seen the cpu running game, and its horrible.

When I play franchise I use rush defense sliders that read 0, 0, and 0. I let madden choose my defense on every play and he makes some, lets say questionable calls.

If you took robo qb out of the game and didnt fix _______(insert original and witty name for the lack of cpu running game) I dont think i would ever lose a game.

Now I am in no way excusing the developers for these flaws in the game, I am simply working with what ive got.

I absolutely hate robo qb, but not for the high completion rate. I cant stand it when one of my defenders makes a good move on an o lineman on the blind side of the qb and then robomode takes hold and he senses the defender that he cant see.

While I can see why people want it patched, I do not. Unless they fix the running game aswell, then I would prefer close games over realistic completion percentages.

Well, we know it's not being patched. Now, the general consensus is that if we're given CPU sliders via DLC it should be able to help with this. I'm hoping that along the same lines, the sliders would help the running game get better as well. Unfortunately we don't know too much about how effective the sliders will even be or if we'll even get them. Hopefully it's positive across the board, we'll see.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'd rather have robo QBs than the mess we have with the interceptions. Just to compare the two, I have both the Wii and 360 versions interception slider at 0. Even with the defensive awareness and reaction defaulted at 10/20 for the Wii version, I might see 1 or 2 interceptions once every four or five games. On the 360, with the defensive awareness and reaction set at 0, I see two or three a game every game.

The interception slider needs tweaked some more.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
Pro

Jump's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I'd rather have robo QBs than the mess we have with the interceptions. Just to compare the two, I have both the Wii and 360 versions interception slider at 0. Even with the defensive awareness and reaction defaulted at 10/20 for the Wii version, I might see 1 or 2 interceptions once every four or five games. On the 360, with the defensive awareness and reaction set at 0, I see two or three a game every game.

The interception slider needs tweaked some more.
How about instead of them doing minor tweaking to sliders, they just made every slider a percentage.

Slider at 0% = every single int gets dropped
Slider at 100% = every single int gets caught

This way people can find the perfect balance.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
How about instead of them doing minor tweaking to sliders, they just made every slider a percentage.

Absolutely, I'm all for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

Robo Running in General is just as Frustrating.. I want to see players look like they are running for real, life like, fliud motions, etc.. To me i think this is easily Top 5 things to fix! Must look more real when running.. period..
Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #7
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

nah. that makes too much sense.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:58 AM   #8
Pro

Jump's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
nah. that makes too much sense.
Right on. Ea's theory. Don't make the game too good this year or we might not buy it next year. They are smart fellas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »