Home

I think nearly all gameplay problems could be fixed if...

This is a discussion on I think nearly all gameplay problems could be fixed if... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2
I think nearly all gameplay problems could be fixed if...

the force field, orb, aura or what ever is around the player was decreased. We have all played madden and experienced the suction, the insanely fast catch up animation, and things of that nature.

Well if the field around each player that causes animations to occur was decreased i think that would cut down on a lot of the gameplay ailments. I only want to catch the ball if it is right near my hands. I don't want to morph to where the ball is. I only want to block or be blocked if I am an the area to do so I don't want to morph there to have to do it.

Its hard to explain what I'm saying because I don't exactly know what this field around the player is called but does anyone understand what I'm saying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I think nearly all gameplay problems could be fixed if...

No, I know exactly what your talking about. I feel your pain as this has been happening for years and years now with Madden. I don't think that's the major issue there are so many out there. I just wish they used a feature like NFL2K5 with maximum passing. I don't think the lead pass works in this game.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

i would say lead passing works, but it isnt as precise as maximum passing. i wouldnt trust it throwing the ball in coverage to the back shoulder for example, even though it SHOULD work if i can read what position the DB is in. i wouldnt trust it
Old 09-23-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Id just be happy with the RB suction being fixed..****nning in this game is painful...don't mind the challenge its just not fun
Old 09-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Id just be happy with the RB suction being fixed..****nning in this game is painful...don't mind the challenge its just not fun
I honestly believe that the running game in Madden 09 is directly linked to the sprint trigger. When I run the ball if I lay off the sprint trigger I can find an opening and hit the hole, once I pull that trigger the defense converges on me very quickly. It seems to me that using the sprint trigger flicks some kind of switch or programming that tells the defense to swarm the ball carrier.

I was in the habbit of pulling the sprint trigger as soon as my HB got the ball. Since I have stopped doing this my running game has got much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

What's the difference between 2K5's maximum passing and Madden's lead passing? I had 2K5... though I remember it being pretty much the same as Madden's lead passing.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

they just need to make the lead passing more sensitive. Then we'll see balls thrown all over the place. If you roll out of the pocket right, and a WR crossing parallel with your rollout, pressing the L stick all the way to the right should definitely be an off target pass. Then again maybe the WR will just warp 10 feet and make the catch.

hmmm, so maybe you're right and they should just decrease the force field, orb, aura (technical terms? )
Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't think gameplay can be fixed until they make up their mind who to appeal to. Compromising, trying to appease the sim, tournament & arcade gamers will only make the sim gamer unhappy. Every "fun factor" element introduced will have a negative effect on gameplay. Suction blocking/tackling, auto tackle after an attempt to tip a pass, unrealistic physics, and phsycic WRs are just a few examples.

On more than one occasion, Madden developers said they can address these types of issues if they wanted. It's not a matter of ability. It's a concsious decision made for the "fun" of the game. So, IMO, the gameplay will be fixed when they stop coddling the arcade/tournament gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »