Home

Madden 09 Patch #2 Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Patch #2 Released, Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: **Official Madden 09 (Post Patch 2) Impressions Thread**

I just finished my first game with the the patch!

Penalties were upped quite a bit. I used all my old sliders etc. and had penalties all on 95... result 18 total penalties for 160 (I had 10-95 and cpu 8-65) I had one clipping, two face masks, and the rest were all holding or false starts!

The recievers running out of bounds is in fact fixed.

I LOVE the delay in snaping the ball now ... I actually only had 109 plays with 9 min quarters where before i was gettin about 125 ... up to 10 min quarters I guess

On the field Degradation ... I'm really tired, and forgot to even look for it... so thats my bad. lol.

Ok off to bed... happy gaming
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #58
Rookie

Field does turn brown from mud of rain. The uniforms still get as dirty, but it gets dirty depending how long they play.It looks overall really good. I decided to let the cpu play cpu while I took a shower before I go to school. Doesn't seem like the cpu goes out of bounds when they can run for more yards. Donald lee just caught a pass and almost went out, but tried to turn up field. Direct Snap is fixed, because I tested it before I started this game. Also progression works, but it only shows up in the depth chart. In player management it states Jennings is a 93, but in depth chart it says 98, Jones a 90, but in management a 84. This is from my 2nd season, because I already completed year one. Overall it looks good...

Last edited by Jaysworld26; 09-23-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk
Without and internet connection, it isn't going to work.

If you are having wireless issues, try running cat5 cable from your router/modem right to the PS3, at least as a temp measure to get online and get patches.

There are a lot less issues with direct connections than wireless.
I just connect my ethernet cable right into the back of my modem... though when the PS3 goes to connect... it always says there's a DNS error for some reason.

I've rang the PS3 hotline like 6 times and they haven't been able to help me out with this. I have no idea what's going on.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #60
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Can anyone tell me if penalties (BESIDES holding and facemask) are called at a realistic rate now? I have ALL of mine jacked as high as they can go, but only see an occassional holding and facemask. (pre-patch)
11 penalties thru 3 1/2 qtrs. I play on 7 min qtrs BTW. Most all have been holding with 3 on returns. 1 PI on the CPU and 1 false start by me. I could hit 20 by the end of the game, may have to adjust some sliders. That's a few too many.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 14

Anyone still getting freezes? It's the only reason I haven't bought this game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
That must be the case cause i'm not getting squat so there's obviously still some issues with people receiving the patch ...Quite frustrating..Its Not like Philly is a small city
I too was not getting the prompt, so i went to sytem update, downloaded the System update, then started the game and got prompted for the patch. Coincidence? I dont know but try it.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

do you have some sort of built in hardware firewall on your modem?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Great impressions...LOL

Three pages of people not getting the patch, complaining about not getting the patch etc.

Can anyone give real impressions?
My thoughts exactly like who honestly wants to hear "Ok let me download it" "Is it in the cali area? Anyone? I cant wait because I have no life".
Woke up about an hour ago and downloaded it...Played a game and I have to say my grade of Madden has gone up to a C- to a B to B+. The game overall runs more smoothly. I also noticed the runners had different cuts...Anyone else? Also my chise didnt freeze so that's a good sign. The blue is now gone...The field just looks plain out better....

There is a real impression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »