Home

WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?...

This is a discussion on WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will EA convince you of buying Madden 2010?...
Yes 166 54.07%
No 13 4.23%
HELL NO! 37 12.05%
i'll wait til someone else buys it or get reviews 91 29.64%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #17
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Even the official review here at OS did not mention any of the glitches we now know are in the game.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #18
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

i would really like to play one of these pre-release copies that the review sites got, to see for myself if its a different game than what i have.

I just re-read the review up here at OS, and the reviewer states how puddles of mud collect on the field during rainy games.

Now.. how can this be? when there wasn't even any noticeable field depredation at all in the final release? and after patch#2 its only been increased slightly, and there certainly is no puddles anywhere.

I'd love for Phil or Ian to explain why the pre-release copies appear to have been bug free. What the heck did they add between pre-release(review copy) and final Gold release of the game that screwed up so many things?

Last edited by boooey; 09-26-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan273
Brand loyalty isn't the problem... Complacency (and maybe laziness) during development is the problem.
But this blind loyalty ALLOWS EA to be lazy and complacent.....if people REALLY stuck by their guns when they said "enough is enough, I am not buying into the hype next year" and EA saw a drastic drop in sales, mark my words, we'd see a MUCH improved game the following year.

But, believe me, EA knows it has a huge legion of blind buyers (and I am not saying ALL Madden buyers are blind) who would buy the game even if all EA did was slap a 2010 label on 09's game, and they'd swear it was the best thing since sliced bread. So, as it stands, EA really has no incentive to improve the game to any great degree, as they'll make millions off of the people who'll buy the game EVERY year regardless of quality or flaws.

And from EA's point of view...it's just good financial management...put minimal effort and money into a game that already sells millions just on the name and license alone. Why invest more time, effort and MONEY (read: less profit) when it is not necessary??
Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Nope.

I'll stick with my Madden 09 Wii copy until 2010 comes around. If it's as good as everyone says, I'll either wait and get 2011, or just get it when 2011 comes out for five bucks or so.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #21
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Now.. how can this be? when there wasn't even any noticeable field depredation at all in the final release? and after patch#2 its only been increased slightly, and there certainly is no puddles anywhere.
I have not even plugged in the ethernet to download patch#2. That is where my confidence level is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'll have mine 3 or 4 days before actual release date as usual.
Same here, I love Madden 09, it's def. a return to the glory days of the PS2 now for next-gen IMO. Get that presentation right and the game will be awesome!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I buy Madden every year. EA, you already have my money.
Same here. I love playing video game football too much not to.

My EASportworld.com profile. Check it for some GREAT Giants plays.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4664087
Old 09-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #24
stewaat

OVR:

2009 marks year two I have fought the temptation to get Madden. Unless they fix gameplay I'm not getting the game. I need to hear good things from the OS community. They finally have to earn my $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »