Home

WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?...

This is a discussion on WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will EA convince you of buying Madden 2010?...
Yes 166 54.07%
No 13 4.23%
HELL NO! 37 12.05%
i'll wait til someone else buys it or get reviews 91 29.64%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: WHO's buying MADDEN 2010?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
What I'd like to see is when this thread completely dies, that the results be screen caped and saved. Then when we're about a week away from Madden 2010 have someone remake the exact same poll and compare the results. I would bet anyone that the near 50/50 ratio goes to about 10/90. Everyone will, of course, collectively forget the lesson they learned and get duped into another beta release. Then, like clock work, everyone will groan about how crappy the game is with all the glitches, freezing etc. They'll whine and complain about how they'll never buy another Madden yada yada yada.

I'm happy to see that half the people in here are saying they're going to hold out for a week or so next year, but the realist in me suspects that's probably going to change when Madden 2010 hits and the EA hype train is in full effect.
Have you ever thought of the fact that 90% of people actually enjoy playing the game but simply enjoying coming into these forums and joining the bandwagon of complainers? That's exactly why 50% of people say they're not going to buy and then 90% do in my personal opinion. Not that they "forget the lesson they learned". I'm sure most OS'ers don't have that bad of a memory and by now should know exactly what to expect when they buy Madden and other yearly sports titles.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbalive103
I have to wait. If they are using the same engine. No.
Then you can stop waiting, the engine will be the same.

Also, I have a comment about the original poster's poll. Note the poll choices and how they show the bias of the original poster. Where is the HELL YEAH! or other will-purchases options? Why are there more options for not purchasing than purchasing?

Just something I notice from my college classes being a political science major and thought I would point out. It's pretty obvious though IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 09-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
What I'd like to see is when this thread completely dies, that the results be screen caped and saved. Then when we're about a week away from Madden 2010 have someone remake the exact same poll and compare the results. I would bet anyone that the near 50/50 ratio goes to about 10/90. Everyone will, of course, collectively forget the lesson they learned and get duped into another beta release. Then, like clock work, everyone will groan about how crappy the game is with all the glitches, freezing etc. They'll whine and complain about how they'll never buy another Madden yada yada yada.

I'm happy to see that half the people in here are saying they're going to hold out for a week or so next year, but the realist in me suspects that's probably going to change when Madden 2010 hits and the EA hype train is in full effect.
Of course, to a degree you're right. But, I really DON'T think it'll be anywhere near 10/90 next year. Yes, a good number of people will fall for the hype again, and think SURELY this will be the year when EA breaks out of the nosedive.

But, I have never seen any previous poll with THIS many people this unhappy about the game. I think MAYBE this is the year (straw) that broke the camel's back. I HOPE so. I hope enough people are fed up enough that they really DO wait (like I did this year) and refuse to believe the hype, the spin, and the reviews posted on the major websites and actually see what people think about the game once the "honeymoon" wears off.

If you remember the reviews, even on this website, it was enough to make me want to run out and buy the game. But, I waited, and am so glad I did!!

I am probably no less disappointed than anyone else with this year's game...I wanted the same thing everyone else did...a solid, stable, immersive SIM NFL title. The only consolation I can take from this year is that EA didn't get my $60.00. I know it makes no difference to them.....BUT, if 1/2 of the people in this poll REALLY stand by their opinions for 2010 (meaning about 25% of ALL Madden buyers on the grander scale), then there'll be enough of a sales drop to hit EA alongside the head and wake them up.

I do have SOME hope that Ian and co. might make enough changes to make the game quite a bit better. But, then there are some things they did THIS year that make me wonder if they REALLY understand what we want (like basically removing fatigue to make up for online no-huddle, and not making throwing across the LOS a penalty but only stopping the DB from breaking toward the QB....makes me just scratch my head and say WTH were they thinking). I'll wait and SEE what 2010 looks like.......
Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I have never seen any previous poll with THIS many people this unhappy about the game.
LOL, I guess this must be your first year to really follow the Madden polls on OS closely then.. It's like this every year, if not worse.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #69
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

I can honestly say this is the first time since madden came on the 360 that i am enjoying my franchise...Once you learn the game its not bad at all ...the running game was the annoying part for me but now i'm starting to learn what do do and when to do it i like it..My only gripe is the coverages could be better for underneath passes but overrall i like the game
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 11

for $30 yeah i'll grab it, but not for $60 it's not worth it... far to many issues.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Of course, to a degree you're right. But, I really DON'T think it'll be anywhere near 10/90 next year. Yes, a good number of people will fall for the hype again, and think SURELY this will be the year when EA breaks out of the nosedive.

But, I have never seen any previous poll with THIS many people this unhappy about the game. I think MAYBE this is the year (straw) that broke the camel's back. I HOPE so. I hope enough people are fed up enough that they really DO wait (like I did this year) and refuse to believe the hype, the spin, and the reviews posted on the major websites and actually see what people think about the game once the "honeymoon" wears off.

If you remember the reviews, even on this website, it was enough to make me want to run out and buy the game. But, I waited, and am so glad I did!!

I am probably no less disappointed than anyone else with this year's game...I wanted the same thing everyone else did...a solid, stable, immersive SIM NFL title. The only consolation I can take from this year is that EA didn't get my $60.00. I know it makes no difference to them.....BUT, if 1/2 of the people in this poll REALLY stand by their opinions for 2010 (meaning about 25% of ALL Madden buyers on the grander scale), then there'll be enough of a sales drop to hit EA alongside the head and wake them up.

I do have SOME hope that Ian and co. might make enough changes to make the game quite a bit better. But, then there are some things they did THIS year that make me wonder if they REALLY understand what we want (like basically removing fatigue to make up for online no-huddle, and not making throwing across the LOS a penalty but only stopping the DB from breaking toward the QB....makes me just scratch my head and say WTH were they thinking). I'll wait and SEE what 2010 looks like.......
I really think we are a small % of the buying public of Madden. I would guess the majority are casual gamers who don't post on message boards.

I'm sure we could make a minimal dent in sales, but overall, probably not an impacting one. A little bit is better than none, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
I think MAYBE this is the year (straw) that broke the camel's back. I HOPE so. I hope enough people are fed up enough that they really DO wait (like I did this year) and refuse to believe the hype, the spin, and the reviews posted on the major websites and actually see what people think about the game once the "honeymoon" wears off.
I was thinking the same thing after 08 was released for the PS3. Obviously, that wasn't the case..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »