Home

"OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD"

This is a discussion on "OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: "OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD"

This thread is great, let it stand.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

See sig. MADDEN is trash......Carry on!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Just wanted to bump this back up... I think this thread is a great idea! Anyways, i'm just now starting a dynasty with my friend; I'm the currently the Chiefs, and he is the Falcons.

I was just looking for some input on which directions to take as far as signings (free agency, coaching, ect). We will be using draft classes from our NCAA online Dynasty.

Also, i'm starting one with my favorite team the Saints. Now I know the Saints in and out but I would still like to see communities oppinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

help with drafting.
i always do bad when it comes to drafting
i scout the highest potential players for positions i need and kiper gives me bad grades. even though that might not be the best way to judge your draft but still. they're also not rated very high either.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Well I can honestly say that when it comes to drafting, I actually churn out some pretty good guys.

Basically my first question is do you play NCAA and import the draft classes? Do you sim NCAA and import the classes? Or do you use the random default Madden classes?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #14
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

No offense to the OP, as he has good intentions...

It's incredibly easy to build a Super Bowl winner in the first year. With ANY team.

I took the Lions (hometown), and using only their draft picks and roster players (no free agent grab-and-trade) I have assembled a 91 overall roster for the first season of franchise, and will no doubt contend for the title.

It's simple. Give up your draft for the 2nd year. The CPU engine, while on the right track - simply does not value players correctly. Do you *REALLY* think the Broncos would give me Jay Cutler? They did, and what'll shock you is I didn't even have to have a 1st rounder in the deal, and got picks back.

Use the trading block. Here's an example:

I *HATE* Roy Williams. As an avid Lions fan (god I hate saying this and now Michigan sucks too) - I feel that with Millen gone, players like him are what are bringing down the franchise. Pouty, tantrum-throwing on the field, and isn't even the best reciever on his team. BUT I DIGRESS...

I put the SOB on the block. Get offered 1st round pick, I think it was from SF or someone, can't remember off hand.

Did the same with Cory Redding, overrated and just unwanted here. Not a first rounder, but a good set of picks for him. Picked up free agent laying in pool to replace.

Kitna? Trade for picks. Kevin Smith? Trade him and picks for Marion Barber. Don't have Roy anymore? Trade McDonald and a 1st rounder and change for Andre Johnson.

All-in-all, without blatant cheating (the aforementioned pick up a free agent, and trade him away for stuff) - this is the lineup I assembled in the preseason of the opening year.

QB - Cutler
HB - Barber
FB - Moran Norris (FA pickup)
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Calvin Johnson
LT - Joe Thomas
LG - Ruben Brown (FA)
C - Dominic Raiola
RG - Steve Peterman
RT - David Stewart
TE - Marcedes Lewis

So, I managed to get a franchise reciever, a franchise QB (who already is at 93 overall through training his smarts), an all-world LT, and a nice young 90 overall to bookend him on the right side. Made a smart trade to grab Lewis (84 OVR) which was a 10 point upgrade over the Lions starter.

Now the D...I of course adopted the 3-4 like any sane head coach would do.

DE - Dewayne White
DT - Darnell Dockett
DE - Justin Tuck
OLB - Ernie Sims
MLB - Patrick Willis
MLB - Kirk Morrison
OLB - Crowell

I didn't have much left to upgrade the secondary... gotta have some weakness.

The point I am making is I pretty much revamped my entire offense, and assembled arguably the best front seven in modern times on defense using just roster players and picks.

"But J, what about the draft?"

So what. I'd take any of the players I recieved over ANY player I could possibly get in the draft. In Cutler, Joe Thomas, Andre Johnson, David Stewart, Darnell Dockett, Justin Tuck, and Patrick Willis there is 7 players that I can *guarantee* will perform. Free agency will be useful to fill the "small" holes I have in my secondary and the interior of my offensive line.

Until the Madden Engine manages to find a "DON'T TRADE EVER" for the computer, its far too easy to circumvent their love of draft picks for the rebuilding of your franchise. I mean seriously, Joe Thomas is going to be an all-world tackle for the next 10-15 years - do you REALLY think the Browns would trade him in real life? Of course not.

But in Madden... you shouldn't need help to be GM of the year every year.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #15
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

I understand what you are saying, but i'm looking for ways of improving and stuff without taking advantage of the CPU. I am pure realism when it comes to video games and I try hard to not take advantage of the CPU.

Hell of a squad you put there, but we all know it would never happen like you said. So yea, I guess I could assemble a pretty sweet squad like that but I want my squad to be realistic.

Thanks for your input though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

yeah i want it to be realistic and not take advantage of the computer.
my first franchise i did i used ncaa draft class (simmed a season in ncaa) but i didn't like how the rookies were a little too good. so my second franchise which is the one i'm in i use computer generated players. i'm in my second season right now and using the raiders to try and rebuild them. i went 12-4 and lost in the afc divisional playoffs. the draft i realized that i needed a LT so i drafted the best available in the 1st round (who happens to be rated 77 equal to the player i was hoping he would replace) i drafted a WR, and a MLB, and OLB because i didn't want to resign some of the guys.
also i'm always bad with money management. i ruined a couple of franchises because i went over the cap room and there was absolutely no way possible to fix it so i just turned off the cap room. would like to get better in this area.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »