Home

"OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD"

This is a discussion on "OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
"OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD"

Here we go!!

A lot of people are frustrated with Franchise mode... Questions like, do Import Draft Classes or use the CPU Generated ones? Should I trade this player for that one? What piece do I need to complete my team? or the best one of all, WHY DO I SUCK AT FRANCHISE?

There are a number of tips and tactics to get your team turned around or consistently contending for a title.. So, I decided to dedicate MY time and expertise to help you guys build a CONTENDER... I've played up to today over 60 yrs of franchise on madden 09... Some simmed games and seasons, and some I played... Anyone that knows my work, knows that I grind my butt off to bring the best stuff at whatever I put out... My name is my "credibility" since that's all you have on a Message board.

I will take any and all questions and WILL MAKE SURE you will be successful at building your franchise... I've taken 22 of the 32 teams in Madden 09 to the superbowl in 4yr or less... I like trying to put myself in a headcoachs position to see how it would feel to be on the hotseat...

Well enough rambling... ASK AWAY.... I will on occasion stream franchise help at my webcast channel at www.justin.tv/yuckmouf and through IM...

I love OS and whatever I can do to help you guys get over that hump, I'll do it.

Last edited by yuckmoufjonez; 09-27-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: "OFFICIAL Yuckmouf Jones FRANCHISE BUILDER THREAD"

Thanks, but no thanks. I believe im an expert, because I took my 49ers to the Super Bowl, and won it in the first season.
No, I didnt trade EVERY player, I kept them the same, got Roy Williams in my second season though (I let Bryant Johnson go), but freezing took that Franchise File away...

This can help alot of people though bruh.

Last edited by bowdown2shadi; 09-27-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Didn't wanna sound like an ***.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Thanks, but no thanks. I believe im an expert, because I took my 49ers to the Super Bowl, and won it in the first season.
No, I didnt trade EVERY player, I kept them the same, got Roy Williams in my second season though (I let Bryant Johnson go), but freezing took that Franchise File away...

This can help alot of people though bruh.
Thanks man... I'm a NINERS FAITHFUL also... well if you ever need some help, I gotcha
Old 09-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

How is your D-Line with the niners? Because the best thing to do, is switch Sopoga's position to DT(Goes up to 90), put Banta-Cain, or Harelson(I think thats how you spell it...) a LE(Harelson goes to 87, Banta Cain goes to 89) and you got a beef'd up D-Line, thats what I do.

Anyway, I was goin aim at another team to start a franchise with, the Ravens. Im keeping the QB situation, but what I can't stand are there WR. Who do you think will fit good on the Ravens? I was thinking Santana Moss, but what do you think would fit best on the team, and in a way look realistic? Thanks
Old 09-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
How is your D-Line with the niners? Because the best thing to do, is switch Sopoga's position to DT(Goes up to 90), put Banta-Cain, or Harelson(I think thats how you spell it...) a LE(Harelson goes to 87, Banta Cain goes to 89) and you got a beef'd up D-Line, thats what I do.

Anyway, I was goin aim at another team to start a franchise with, the Ravens. Im keeping the QB situation, but what I can't stand are there WR. Who do you think will fit good on the Ravens? I was thinking Santana Moss, but what do you think would fit best on the team, and in a way look realistic? Thanks
As far as the niners go, with the 3-4, I don't move Banta-Cain or Haralson but I do move Sopo to DT... I only move TBC to DE when I package a deal with TBC, Shaun Hill and a 3rd depending upon what players you like and get a Star WR...

They are very ineffective in the 3-4 because of the lack of strength, so I live Parys on the outside, and usually the Patriots will let go of Seymour in yr 2... If you move spikes to a DE he goes to a 96 ovr... and you can use him in the to be a beast in the 2-4-5 formation because of his speed and power... The Eagles always have either Lito or Sheldon on the Trading blocks, and either one of them is great to go after of in your first year... You can package TBC (change position first),Shaun Hill, Spencer or a draft pick, and you can snag another Lock Down CB

Brandon Marshall is who I go after... He is a young T.O.... He won't progress anymore past 93 ovr but he is a complete WR and a monster in the run game, and he can and will try to catch everything thrown to him..

Ravens:

I'd definitely get rid of Troy Smith because his potential peaks out very fast and he is very good trade bait.... You may think I'm crazy, but trade away Suggs unless you move him to DE and then hes like a 98ovr but he peaks out at an 88 I believe..... Don't go after a WR in a trade because they hog cap space, instead package
Clayton and/or Williams and get a draft pick or go after Malcolm Kelly or Devin Harris.... They both get into the 90's rather quickly... Even trade away Bart Scott and get another LB in the Draft or FA....

The most satisfaction I get is in drafting a WR and developing him... That would be my suggestion... Also in the first year at the "STAFF" screen, fire your staff.. Well most of them anyway... Heres who you get

S/T: Monte Kiffin 3yrs
Def Coord: keep Rex Ryan forever
Off Coord: Brian Billick 1yr
Head Coach: Josh McDaniels 1yr (He is under the "IN NFL" Tab, you have to offer him a head coaching job) He will turn flacco into a monster... After His first year, resign him as a off coord. for 3yrs and sign Jon Gruden as a Head Coach... Those 2 make your teams awareness skyrocket and they max out the QB's potential
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Pro

With all the problems people have been experiencing in franchise, I thought this thread would be useful... Well Mods you can shut this one down... Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yuckmouf Jones, any tips when using the Jets? I recently started my franchise with them (I'm 2-0) but perhaps would take some advice from you if it sounds like it will help me out.

I'm using NCAA Draft Classes, if that matters.

Last edited by The Yankee Faithful; 09-29-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Dang, I was really hoping to grab some advice from you. Well if you just so happen to offer anymore advice and me and friend just started a dynasty. He is using the Falcons, and I'm using the Eagles.

Just was looking for your advice on which ways we should head. We have yet to start pre-season, and we will be using NCAA draft classes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »