Home

No DLC news yet...

This is a discussion on No DLC news yet... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #97
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: No DLC news yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
No CPU sliders is a real shame.

I enjoy the game as it is, but CPU sliders would have given gameplay control back to the gamer.

Who decided to exclude CPU sliders in the first place? Really strange decision by whoever it was.
My hunch is they truly believed their IQ system would account for differing play abilities. And it does make it tougher or easier the better or worse you are but they also made a fundamental mistake. They assumed that they were capable of coding the game to play properly out of the box. Never once that I can remember in the last decade has this been the case but they decided to pretend they could this year. There are any number of words for that.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
How do you figure?

This is IAN's first year as LEAD PRODUCER for Next Gen Madden....

Ian has a good track record from PS2 Madden's.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #99
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
How do you figure?

This is IAN's first year as LEAD PRODUCER for Next Gen Madden....

Ian has a good track record from PS2 Madden's.
Hahahaha. If that's the case it's about 4 years too late.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #100
Rookie

SweetButter's Arena

OVR: 1

As long as the chuckleheads at EA keep using nonsense gimmicks like Backtrack and Madden IQ to sell the game we will continue to get a crappy game every year and have to hope they fix it next year.

That cycle will continue over and over and over...

There are too many suits involved that only care about sales and too many technical types that obviously aren't real fans/students of the game.

With no competition from other football games, it won't change.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 4

yes without comp there will never be a better game released.

i think it's time people starting asking themselves.

when will we quit saying maybe next yr?

for like almost 5 yrs that's all i hear people say. i stayed away from madden since the last game they made on the n64.

every yr i read you people say the same thing and you are saying it this yr as well.

ask yourself this question if next yr comes and things are not fixed, will you say maybe next yr again next yr?

i got into the hype cause things i was reading sounded interesting. mainly headcoach, if i had some patients and waited a month after madden i could have saved myself alot of money.

not next time hellen. back to 2k5 for me like it should have been this yr. when that ortiz guy was leading the devs, he said they were going to interact with the community to make it a better game.

we all see how that turned out. ea seems to tell people what they want to hear. now we have new devs online trying to interact and the results are the same.

you would think that people would catch on by now. don't get me wrong madden does somethings right, but so many so wrong.

it's disturbing to have the same problems pop up and then a devs say it was not on the top of the list.

i wonder who they are polling to see what gets fixed, then you really can't call it a fix.

something pops up wrong they don't try to fix it fix it. they put a fix in place or just take it out instead of trying to fix the problem.

we keep on saying they need new testers, maybe they need to listen to some of the testers. better yet some people who understand more than the basics of football.

we need to hold these people accountable and not take their **** of a story as to why things aren't fixed.

what was actually added this yr to madden on nex gen that benefited the sim gamer?

can someone actually make a list of theses things?

i think you would have an easier time listing things that 2k5 did that have not yet been done in madden.

there is no excuse for no fatigue,
lack of progression in franchise.
tom brady, peyton manning ending up on the fa list.
injured reserve not working.
man coverage being busted.
hitting turbo makes you a magnet
and so on and so forth.

i think we all need to stop asking for dlc, hell i remember they wanted to charge for alt unis.
this company and devs don't have our best interest at heart.
the root of all evil is what they really care about.

i mean they have these community outings and it makes you wonder do any journalist bring these issues up or are they a little tipsy from the flight ea paid for them or maybe they were distracted by the eye candy as well.

we need to hold ea and the writers accountable too. bogus scores all over the place.

before i end this rant i don't even buy madden beside this purchase i play it at my friends house. i point out all the flaws and ****ed up things and they say, hey what are you gonna do?

i say you don't get tired running 15 yrds back and throw a perfect pass off your back foot, or running to the other sideline and throw across your body not even facing the direction your throwing too.

all they can say is they want you to play like that.

stop catering to those 5000 or so people who play the exploits of your game online instead of the game of football.

to quote a poster on here.
"madden is the arcade version of sim football".
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »