Home

Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer

This is a discussion on Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Wow - so Madden money is going to the NFLPA administrators, NOT the retired players... even though the retired players numbers are being used to help sell the game.

EA gets more and more filthy every year.

What really ticks me off is that Take Two would have paid the players MORE money if they had the rights to their names/likenesses.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Information like this is frustrating.

I really have to live in denial to fully embrace Madden football. If I start mulling over the Take Two situation, the fun factor of the whole thing becomes soured.

I like Madden 09, but I still wish APF 2K9 existed, and I really wish ESPN 2K9 existed.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What about the NFLPA? They had just as much a hand in it as EA
Countryboy, why is it that you seem to defend EA no matter what? Just wondering. The president of EA could have raped and murdered a woman and you would say something like "Well, she came onto him and tried to stab him"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

I would realllly like to hear EA's response to this... Especially since they are now also under investigation for placing DRM technology on the PC Game "Spore".

Link

Gotta love EA...
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by notque
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...d-players.html

Walker sent another e-mail to a Players Inc. attorney that shows they snubbed a larger offer from Take Two to make sure EA nabbed the rights at below-market prices, allowing them to lock down professional football. "The per player price for most of these guys was tens of thousands of dollars less than what they were guaranteed by Take Two Interactive so it’s a real coup that we were able to pull this off so cheaply," he wrote. "You have to remember that EA's total cost is only $200,000 per year. We know that Take Two offered six-figure deals to several former NFL players, so the total cost is millions below market prices."

Also, the lawsuit lists that they conspired to give the hall of fame players less money. Read on for more.
There are many suits against EA, they are not an honest and open company. Been saying this for years.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Information like this is frustrating.

I really have to live in denial to fully embrace Madden football. If I start mulling over the Take Two situation, the fun factor of the whole thing becomes soured.

I like Madden 09, but I still wish APF 2K9 existed, and I really wish ESPN 2K9 existed.
If APF 2k9 existed, I wouldn't have wasted 60 dollars on Madden 09 this year.

If ESPN 2k9 existed, I wouldn't have wasted the money either.

Now, I'm buying random wii games waiting for NBA 2k9 to come out instead of playing football because Madden is so bad.

Hopefully I get a decent trade in for Madden to go towards NBA2k9.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #15
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Countryboy, why is it that you seem to defend EA no matter what? Just wondering. The president of EA could have raped and murdered a woman and you would say something like "Well, she came onto him and tried to stab him"
funny post but cboy is just stating facts.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
I am not defending EA. In no way shape or form. I just find it odd that everyone bitches about EA in this deal and the exclusive deal but yet, the NFL and in this case the NFLPA, go without so much as a scorn from said people, even though they have just as much to do with the problem as EA.

I disagree with what happened here and truth be told, I don't like the exclusive deal, because competition spawns better games.

As for your scenario, I won't even comment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »