Home

franchise and salary cap

This is a discussion on franchise and salary cap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
franchise and salary cap

So im gonna start a franchise but i dont want to control all 32 teams and im going to use ncaa imported draft classess. My understanding that for this to work where the cpu signs its picks you have to turn off the salary cap(correct me if im wrong). My question is if i turn salary cap does the cpu get crazy in free agents and go after everyone or are they still reasonable with only goin after players they truly need to fill the roster? Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: franchise and salary cap

It has been my experience that the CPU can get a bit "crazy" with its draft choices. An example that comes to mind, and I read another post recently that the same scenario occured, A team was very deep at QB and drafted 2 QBs, the end result was the team had 6 QBs when in fact the positions it most needed to draft were OL and players in the secondary. I would suggest giving the draft a "dry run" and see what happens before starting your Franchise in earnest.
I misread your original post, you are mostly concerned with the signing of FAs.....ok, I thought you had misgivings about the signing of draft choices....pardon me. In regards to signing FAs....my experience, not as bad as the draft choice signings of uneeded players....the CPU signed the highest rated FAs and for the most part only signed FAs that the team was in need of to meet the minimum position requirements. I think the draft is where most of the problem occurs, with FAs you are safe.

Last edited by Revolution42; 10-01-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Correct typo add content
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I have only gone through one free agent period without the cap on and it was not crazy. The CPU still seemed to sign guys based on need and not on the availability of cap room. The best free agent was the Colts center Saturday, do not know why they released him since the cap was off, but he was signed in free agency by the guess who, yep you got it the Colts.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8

Is the draft still as big of a problem if you're not importing NCAA draft classes? I simmed 2 years and didn't see it as being too unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »