Home

retro uniforms and CE? Question about HC playmaker..

This is a discussion on retro uniforms and CE? Question about HC playmaker.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
retro uniforms and CE? Question about HC playmaker..

I noticed on the back of the 360 Madden CE box that under bonus features it mentions retro uniforms. But as the Browns, I see the home and away uniform, the orange on white alternate and then a crappy 80s uniform. Are these the bonus retro uniforms? Those of you that bought the regular Madden don't have these? Or are there more that I am missing on the bonus disk?

Also, I am not all that interested in HC09 itself but would like to get into it and make some custom plays. Any advice on the quickest way to do this and get them into Madden without wasting too much time in HC itself?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

TD73's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: retro uniforms and CE? Question about HC playmaker..

I'm in the same boat your in bro. If I could go back and just purchase the regular version I would. I just can't get into HC09 but was wondering also since I have the game how is the quickest way to import these plays also. Speaking of the uni's it kinda burns me as a Browns fan in HC09 when using the away uni's it has those awful brown pants. Not the all white.They finally fixed it for Madden 09(put the all whites in) but left it to be(white jersey/browns pants) in HC09. If they wanna put in some good retro uni's for the Browns put in the combos of white/brown jerseys with the orange pants they wore from 75' to 83'.

Last edited by TD73; 10-01-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

You seriously cant get into HC? Im shocked. I guess it isnt for everyone, I find it addicting as hell.

I kinda had the same question about the retros.I barely use them but when I do, I liked to have a huge choice.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

I'm not complaining about HC09 mind you, it seems to be a really cool game. But I am more interested in actually playing my games at this point in time and using HC09 to add some plays to my Madden playbook.

I am still interested to hear if anyone with the standard Madden has access to retro jerseys. Since the back of the CE makes it sound like this is specific to it, and not part of the others. I'd be shocked if that is the case. I am guessing both standard and CE maddens have the same jersey choices. If not I think we would have heard about it by now.

Here's a link to a short tutorial of how to get plays from HC09 into Madden from Pasta Padre. I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet myself.

http://www.pastapadre.com/3132/impor...rom-head-coach
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I'm not complaining about HC09 mind you, it seems to be a really cool game. But I am more interested in actually playing my games at this point in time and using HC09 to add some plays to my Madden playbook.

I am still interested to hear if anyone with the standard Madden has access to retro jerseys. Since the back of the CE makes it sound like this is specific to it, and not part of the others. I'd be shocked if that is the case. I am guessing both standard and CE maddens have the same jersey choices. If not I think we would have heard about it by now.

Here's a link to a short tutorial of how to get plays from HC09 into Madden from Pasta Padre. I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet myself.

http://www.pastapadre.com/3132/impor...rom-head-coach
The back of the box says "retro Madden NFL Football player models"

not sure what that means but it doesnt say anything about jerseys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The back of the box says "retro Madden NFL Football player models"

not sure what that means but it doesnt say anything about jerseys...
You are correct...it does say models. Still what the heck does that mean? The models in the remix of Madden 93? Now theres something to brag about!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #7
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

The retro models are selectable when you choose the uniforms. They are just blocky polygon-looking player models that are supposed to simulate the look of the early days of 3-D Madden player models.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive
The retro models are selectable when you choose the uniforms. They are just blocky polygon-looking player models that are supposed to simulate the look of the early days of 3-D Madden player models.
You're half right. The "Cyber Athlete" is supposed to look like what the player models looked like in an old Madden ad campaign. Remember those "Cyber Athlete" commercials?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »