Home

User Catch and running the ball?Its simple

This is a discussion on User Catch and running the ball?Its simple within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
User Catch and running the ball?Its simple

You have to be good at the game to be able to do these things.

You have to practice and play the game to be good at it.
I have no problems doing either in Madden 09.

For example sideline catches do it manually you cant depend on cpu to do it cpu will run out of bounds our not get feet in our do some animation that will push player out of bounds. But if user catch our manually catch on sidelines players will give you all types of animation with the reciever attempting to stay in bounds like tip toe action or draging feet to stay in our the famous 2 feet down falling down out bounds but you have to work at it to be good and still aim still trying to pefect it.And just like in real life the reciever does not always succeed.

So stop complaining and start practicing!

Last edited by Robinsonr5; 10-02-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Added more info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: User Catch and running the ball?Its simple

LoL
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Sigh...
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

I can make user catches if I'm crossing over the middles. But can you get your WR to leave his feet to make a catch on a deep pass? I cannot.

I can get my DBs to jump for the ball alright, but even Randy Moss wont ever go up and get it like any decent receiver would try to...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

Yeh. They removed about 10hundred catch animations, and now your receiver can't jump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I can NEVER get my LB to leave the ground. Anyway to do that? It screws up coverage cause I can't manually jump to swat/INT the ball, and it just gets lofted over my head for a completion. Yet the CPU LBs jump like crazy and get plenty of picks/swats.

If I don't control the LB the AI will do it automatically sometimes for me, but usually not, and when they are in position to make the pick the ball bounces off their hands 95% of the time, but if the CPU AI does the same thing they get the INT 95% of the time. Frustrating.

I don't have any trouble running the ball. Though the computer certainly does.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

I have no problem jumping with my defender or my receiver....If you're the receiver, try slowing down and just tapping Y when the ball gets there......He should jump, but he still may not jump as high as the defender, but he'll jump...The other thing is to bullet a pass to the outside shoulder of the receiver if he's running a streak....

On defense, user int's are very, very easy if you have any kind of stick skill.....I get picks with LB's, DE's and the secondary....You may have to push Y early to get them to jump, thats how I do it.....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
I can NEVER get my LB to leave the ground. Anyway to do that? It screws up coverage cause I can't manually jump to swat/INT the ball, and it just gets lofted over my head for a completion. Yet the CPU LBs jump like crazy and get plenty of picks/swats.

If I don't control the LB the AI will do it automatically sometimes for me, but usually not, and when they are in position to make the pick the ball bounces off their hands 95% of the time, but if the CPU AI does the same thing they get the INT 95% of the time. Frustrating.

I don't have any trouble running the ball. Though the computer certainly does.
i only play with lb's im really great with the olb's, just rembember that strafe is ur friend. use the mlb if u notice that ur opponent likes to run alot, use ur olb's on passing downs (w/e side that has the most recievers) just try to use this as a base study. U HAVE TO LEARN THE OFFENCE'S TENDENCIES IN TH FIRST QTR!!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF U LIKE TO PLAY WITH LB'ERS GUYS WILL TRY TO ATTACK U, U HAVE TO MAKE THEM RESPECT UR STICK (no homo) when u r practicing against the cpu remember to strafe off the snap! try to anticipate the throw because u have to press the catch the button while the ball is in the air so that he can pull off the jump animation. try it out, works for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »