Home

Possible Robo QB solution

This is a discussion on Possible Robo QB solution within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Possible Robo QB solution

I have spent a lot more time playing NCAA 09 and Head Coach but, recently, gave Madden 09 a try. I like it (graphics are amazing in HD), but have the same problems most on this board have experienced.

I am currently in my second year of a Dallas Cowboys franchise (sans TO--loved trading HIM away). Robo QB and limp defense was driving me nuts...until the 2nd season. I'm doing something right now that might be an answer.

On defense, I play the dollar formation (usually 2 or 3 deep zone) when ever the CPU comes out with 2 or more WRs. So far I've played New Orleans and Washington.

No more Robo QB. While Brees did throw for over 300 yards in game one, the Saints only scored 10 points, I had 2 INTs, and his completion percentage was low 70s. Against the Redskins, Campbell threw for around 200 yards, a 60% completion rate, and they RAN (with Travis Henry...Portis got traded to my cowboys the year before) for nearly 200 yards, 74 of which came on the first play from scrimmage. They also had one big Santana Moss bomb over the middle (about 60-65 yards) for a TD.

I play ALL Madden settings and 12 minute quarters. I won both games (27-10 and 24-20 on a TD with 1 minute left). I actually lost time of possession vs New Orleans.

The three man front encourages the CPU to run more. At the same time, the zone defense either knocks down passes OR keeps those completions short. Lots of punts (for both myself and the CPU). I throw in the occasional blitz (1 to 2 sacks per game) and will go to basic 4-3, nickle, or goal line when the CPU has less than 2 WRs on the field.

Two games isn't a complete test, but so far the results are encouraging, realistic, and darned fun. Thought someone might want to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Possible Robo QB solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
I have spent a lot more time playing NCAA 09 and Head Coach but, recently, gave Madden 09 a try. I like it (graphics are amazing in HD), but have the same problems most on this board have experienced.

I am currently in my second year of a Dallas Cowboys franchise (sans TO--loved trading HIM away). Robo QB and limp defense was driving me nuts...until the 2nd season. I'm doing something right now that might be an answer.

On defense, I play the dollar formation (usually 2 or 3 deep zone) when ever the CPU comes out with 2 or more WRs. So far I've played New Orleans and Washington.

No more Robo QB. While Brees did throw for over 300 yards in game one, the Saints only scored 10 points, I had 2 INTs, and his completion percentage was low 70s. Against the Redskins, Campbell threw for around 200 yards, a 60% completion rate, and they RAN (with Travis Henry...Portis got traded to my cowboys the year before) for nearly 200 yards, 74 of which came on the first play from scrimmage. They also had one big Santana Moss bomb over the middle (about 60-65 yards) for a TD.

I play ALL Madden settings and 12 minute quarters. I won both games (27-10 and 24-20 on a TD with 1 minute left). I actually lost time of possession vs New Orleans.

The three man front encourages the CPU to run more. At the same time, the zone defense either knocks down passes OR keeps those completions short. Lots of punts (for both myself and the CPU). I throw in the occasional blitz (1 to 2 sacks per game) and will go to basic 4-3, nickle, or goal line when the CPU has less than 2 WRs on the field.

Two games isn't a complete test, but so far the results are encouraging, realistic, and darned fun. Thought someone might want to know.
This is good to know, but still essentially means having to give up any semblance of sim play to counter the faulty AI. What we NEED is a fix, not all of these workarounds....

Don't get me wrong, ANYTHING people can find is appreciated and helpful, but only tend to magnify the issues that exist within the game.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok all i have to say is WOW

this actually works lol bye bye robo qb

pick dollar and quarter formations when u think they are going to pass.
seems when u use 3-4 or 4-3 after dollar or quarter plays the work better
ive had unbeleavable results with this after 3 games

had kurt warner go 15 for 31 these ARE THE BEST GAMES IVE PLAYED AND IVE USED THE DUMMY SLIDER WITHT THE 2ND CONTROLLER .

Last edited by poo123; 10-03-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

this works, as i usually just sit in cover 3 and dont have much of a problem...but for next years game we don't want to have to have a work around like this...robo qb is more than just completion pct...
Old 10-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

what I do to stop robo qb (and it works very well for me) is call 3-4 Under 'Pinch' then take one of my LBs that are blitzing and once the play starts i just dive into the backfield immediately.. the computer takes pressure like the closer a man is to him, the quicker he gets rid of the ball.. it doesnt even matter if your lying on the ground. occasionally you will get burned but the comp. will throw alot of picks, trust me. and btw i only do this online when someone quits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

The only thing that's gonna fix the robo QB is CPU sliders, I hope that they come out DLC soon.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow

Best post ever about robo qb works great i have tweaked the sliders abit to make the cpu and human play the same.I was amazed at how something so simple worked so well it plays perfectly i have played a few games and the stats turn out great, interceptions, sacks, 100 yard rushing games the odd 50,60,70 yard td pass, good qb's throwing 60-70 percent nothing to high nothing to low just right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »