Home

EA should watch Gideon Prime on YouTube

This is a discussion on EA should watch Gideon Prime on YouTube within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: EA should watch Gideon Prime on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
He seemed to like your second patch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRlhDbz2INQ

lol. Sounds like he just found out about precision passing...which had nothing to do with the patch as far as I know. Oh well. 99% of his videos do have a valid point though.

Ian did the patch have any improvements that would explain why he felt this play was better or was this just a "placebo" effect as he so often refers to?
The only fixes we made were the ones listed in the patch fixes post: http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...twoweek_update

Madden 09 is a game full of randomness...I've seen the exact same play run to perfection and I've also seen it run with players doing pretty horrible assignments. I don't think we specifically addressed anything passing-related for him to claim that it's better in this video.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #18
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

out of his videos i think you need to adress the weight of players, and the player ratings(the brett favre thing was ridiculous)
Old 10-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #19
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, I am just glad someone took the time to do this... We all have been thinking this stuff, just none of us wanted to put in the time (we aren't getting paid)...

It is the video age, and seeing is believing. Say what you want, but this guy is doing a service to the Madden community. Natural Motion for the win....
Old 10-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Hopefully they also watch his videos of that "other" game made 4 years ago which illustrate exactly how lacking Madden is.

As he says in his vids. Theres just no excuse.
Minnesota Wild
Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Hopefully they also watch his videos of that "other" game made 4 years ago which illustrate exactly how lacking Madden is.

As he says in his vids. Theres just no excuse.

yeah, those videos are really eye opening... makes you wonder why those things arent in madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks now I miss 2K5 even more :'(
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #23
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
out of his videos i think you need to adress the weight of players, and the player ratings(the brett favre thing was ridiculous)
what's the "brett favre thing"?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

I guess Im alone, but I think he is being a little unrealistic and inaccurate with some of his expectations for the games mechanics.

Sometimes it seems like he mis analyzes things for the sake of proving his point. For instance one video where he complains about the running defense he pauses the game at a point where you cant truly tell what the game was trying to do and explains it to fit his analysis. I think his expectations for the game dont always fit into real football logic.

How many times have you watched real football and seen a boneheaded play, mistep, or call that made you think "Damn, if that happened in madden I would be pissed off and said teh game was broken" It seems like some of his issues fit into that category.

This is not to say that many of his videos dont make good sense and show excellent points, but I wouldnt go so far as to categorically claim him as an excellent analyzer of the games flaws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »