Home

Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

This is a discussion on Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

Prince, I think because the Accuracy is dropped, that INT would go up a bit, which is why I edited the defenses catching ability down a bit.

I never tried it without dropping the defense catching ability, and without dropping some of the 3rd-6th string WR catching down a bit too. (Seems way too high-In past versions of Madden,generally speaking, the scrub WR would be in the 65-75 catching range, this year they elevated it)

My passing slider also has 0 as catching ability FYI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

nitelordz is the zip file for xbox or PS?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I started doing this a few weeks back and for single games, or single seasons it does seem to make a positive difference.

As far as franchise goes.... since we do not have the capability to alter the incoming rooks it is very possible that in year #2 a good% of the league will have rooks in the #1 spot due to the dropped ratings of the vets......

Surely not a long term solution but as stated, made the game playable for me.
To address the problem in Franchise mode editing incoming QB ratings: When you set up the Franchise, select all the teams for
you to control then choose to have the CPU control Depth Chart,
Free Agents, Rookie Signings and the rest of them. After it is setup and your at the preseason go back into the Franchise setup and change the Depth Chart, Free Agent..etc. to USER for
the one team you actually want to play with.

Since you have selected all the teams to control in Franchise
you have to cycle between each team to make adjustments. You do this by holding down the RB trigger button then up and
down on the D pad. You can see what team you have selected
by lookin down at the banner in the lower left side of the screen.
I know I'm not explaining this very well.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #28
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj
To address the problem in Franchise mode editing incoming QB ratings: When you set up the Franchise, select all the teams for
you to control then choose to have the CPU control Depth Chart,
Free Agents, Rookie Signings and the rest of them. After it is setup and your at the preseason go back into the Franchise setup and change the Depth Chart, Free Agent..etc. to USER for
the one team you actually want to play with.

Since you have selected all the teams to control in Franchise
you have to cycle between each team to make adjustments. You do this by holding down the RB trigger button then up and
down on the D pad. You can see what team you have selected
by lookin down at the banner in the lower left side of the screen.
I know I'm not explaining this very well.
Very feasible workaround.......
(a) have you tried this yourself?
(b) how long does this take?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #29
Rookie

Prince, to answer you're question, I did this for all QBS, including Free Agents, and generally yes, I did take thru week5 Stats, their QB Comp Pct and add 10, however, certain QBS (like Favre for example, has a career QB % of I believe 61 %, so I think I made his 71. I know he is currently 71 % for year, but it wont stayup there, he'll prob finish in 65-66 %.

I tried to be fair and accurate, for example Hasselback is horrible 48% this year, I think I added 5 xtra + 10 for a total of 63 for his rating. He wont have a good year his year, but he'll prob get the % to 55..just my guess.

I did not edit any elusiveness, which is a result of having a 1 year old (no time!) - I think its a brilliant recognition by Nitelordz, I did not think of it, and prob would improve the overall gameplay. I think he only took off 10 for his defensive catching, I took 20 off. I think top rated CB is 84 catching (Cromartie-SD?) Way too high, EA tried to update the ratings, and it doesnt coincide w/the gameplay engine (bad QC). So I made him a 64 catching for example...

Also, Shawnj, thats a great suggestion, for people who actually do the year after year franchise, draft , etc.. I'm old people and use the franchise mode as "season" mode..

Between the QB Acc rating drop, the WR catching drop for 3rd-6th stringers , and the defensive catching drop of 20 for all LB, S, and DB, Madden 09 turned out really great. If I had time, I would definitely drop QB elusiveness. Maybe soon.

Last edited by bigpapa_bliss; 10-10-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sorry guys just put into practice my "work around" and it does not work.
You can go into player management and see the players ratings but
not change them.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
Prince, to answer you're question, I did this for all QBS, including Free Agents, and generally yes, I did take thru week5 Stats, their QB Comp Pct and add 10, however, certain QBS (like Favre for example, has a career QB % of I believe 61 %, so I think I made his 71. I know he is currently 71 % for year, but it wont stayup there, he'll prob finish in 65-66 %.

I tried to be fair and accurate, for example Hasselback is horrible 48% this year, I think I added 5 xtra + 10 for a total of 63 for his rating. He wont have a good year his year, but he'll prob get the % to 55..just my guess.

I did not edit any elusiveness, which is a result of having a 1 year old (no time!) - I think its a brilliant recognition by Nitelordz, I did not think of it, and prob would improve the overall gameplay. I think he only took off 10 for his defensive catching, I took 20 off. I think top rated CB is 84 catching (Cromartie-SD?) Way too high, EA tried to update the ratings, and it doesnt coincide w/the gameplay engine (bad QC). So I made him a 64 catching for example...

Also, Shawnj, thats a great suggestion, for people who actually do the year after year franchise, draft , etc.. I'm old people and use the franchise mode as "season" mode..

Between the QB Acc rating drop, the WR catching drop for 3rd-6th stringers , and the defensive catching drop of 20 for all LB, S, and DB, Madden 09 turned out really great. If I had time, I would definitely drop QB elusiveness. Maybe soon.
Hey big... one more question for ya? What did you lower the wr catching too? Cuz I'm gonna do all these except qb elusiveness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #32
Rookie

Prince, reg: the WR catching. Generally I did not touch the starting 2 WR, other than Harrison (Ind) and Holt (STL), whom have declined a bit ( I think I dropped each 3 points, thats it -EA keeps these guys GREAT forever. Gonzalez (the 3rd stringer on IND, has same # of catches as Harrison!

Generally the 3rd stringers downward to 6th stringers, are in the 75 - 60 range, with the 6th stringers being the 60. I didnt make them all the same (just take a look at their catching rating and determine whats fair, If you take 5 off off the 3rd string, then take 5 off the others.) There were some teams that had an 80 catching on their 4th string WR. If you've played Madden forever like this old ma, you know the WR catching for 3rd stringers generally speaking would be 75-77, 4th string 70-74, 5th string 67-70 and then 6th 65-67..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »