Home

Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

This is a discussion on Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #49
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
Credit goes to Nitelordz also. I had tried a different route, subtracting 10 points off of all QBS Accuracy ratings. Was effective in my games played, but simmed stats were a bit high still...so...

If you plug in the actual Completion Pct (go to espn, nfl.com, etc and print the passing stats) - i.e. If Tony Romo is completing 64% , put a 64 in the QB accuracy rating for him, I think you all will be quite pleased with results. Of course, the qb 2nd, 3rd stringers would have to be modified also (just make comp % less than starters, etc).

It will take about an hour, well worth the time w/results..

Of course, make sure you have the roster you want to edit, and dont download a new one after editing, or you will lose your changes...
If your a chise player like myself, whats the point really? The coaches will have an influence on the players, not to mention they progress.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #50
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Just one question, what roster update did you guys base these rerating QB's from???? and is the file for ps3 or just xbox360????
Hey dude....I rated my rosters (which have yet to be posted, mind you) based on EA's update #7 from last week. Again, as soon as I get the okay from BigPapa, I'll upload my rosters for the 360.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 AM   #51
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16NJD16
Jeez how much are they paying you guys for all this work? Oh, you paid them.
Pretty slick there, chum....Keep up the good work....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #52
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

So I said I was going to post stats once I played with my rerated 360 rosters. These are based on BigPapa's sliders that were posted earlier in the thread.

SF (ME) 14
ATL (CPU): 7

Passing
O'Sullivan: 2-4, 34 Yds, 50% (Injured in 1st quarter)
Hill: 12-17, 139 Yds, 70% 1 TD, 2 INT

Ryan: 13-31, 125 yds, 41%, 1 TD, 1 INT

*If you were looking for an end to RoboQB, then there you have it. The editing to the QB accuracy is really apparent. You have to be precise in your timing with your WRs or else you will be punished. Both picks I threw were because of mistimed throws.

Rushing
Gore: 16 ATT, 59 Yds, 3.6 Avg (Played 2nd half only because of injury)
Robinson: 11 ATT, 36 Yds, 3.2 Avg

Turner: 12 ATT, 49 Yds, 4.0 Avg

*Overall, I thought that the running games for both teams was pretty decent. However, I'm hoping that when I play a better team, I'll have some better stats.

*I'm not going to get into anymore stats right now, because it's late and I want to try to get one more game in. I will say that I wasn't satisfied at all with the CPU passing game. Matt Ryan was absolutely terrible. The accuracy was way off, and he was throwing up ducks all day. Again, I'm hoping that the next game against a better team will yield better stats, that way I can work on sliders from there. I will be using the same sliders for the next game, but I will be playing against one of the elite teams in the league. I'll post stats for that one possibly tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #53
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

So I just finished playing game two with my roster, and I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I feel that RoboQB is gone once you edit the QB accuracy.
fficeffice" />>>
Here are the stats for my 2nd game:
>>
SF (Me): 9
DAL (CPU: 14
>>
Passing:
>>
J.T. O’Sullivan: 13-25, 178 YDS, 0 TD, 0 INT, 52%
>>
T. Romo: 12-22, 181 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, 54%
>>
Rushing:
>>
F. Gore: 16 ATT, 50 YDS, 3.1 AVG (For the 2nd game in a row, he only played a half due to injury)
M. Robinson: 10 ATT, 38 YDS, 3.8 AVG
>>
M. Barber: 7 ATT, 43 YDS, 6.1 AVG
>>
Team Stats:
>>
Total Offense:
>>
SF: 237
DAL: 223
>>
Rushing Yards:
>>
SF: 92
DAL: 51
>>
Passing Yards:
>>
SF: 145
DAL: 172
>>
First Downs:
>>
SF: 14
DAL: 7
>>
>>
>>
Total Yards:
>>
SF: 342
DAL: 351
>>
T.O.P.
>>
SF: 23:59
DAL: 12:00
>>
* This game gave me a little bit better of a perspective on both the rosters and the current slider set that I’m using. Again, it’s becoming more obvious to me that rerating the QB accuracy does wonders for the RoboQB problem. In fact, it pretty much solves it IMO. Also, I was able to avoid throwing picks this game. As I said in the first game, the timing of the throws is the key to being successful. I also found that the left stick is a lot more sensitive when aiming your throws now that the accuracy slider has been lowered. I think that the BigPapa’s current passing sliders serve as a good base to start off with, at least for me. In the two games that I’ve played, I’ve found it challenging to move the ball through the air. As you can see from my score, I was unable to score the TD that I needed. I got into the red zone three times, and I was shut down by the Cowboys D every time. I was also sacked 4 times, and I think it may be something to keep an eye on because I’ve been sacked 7 times in two games. I’ll have to test more in order to determine if it’s a slider issue or not. I think I’ll stick with the passing sliders as-is for right now. As far as rushing the ball, it’s kind of a mixed bag. I’m seeing a whole lot of 3 yard short gains, but every now and then I’ll be able to bust out a 10-12 yard run play on a draw or a stretch. I think that some tweaking may be needed, but more testing has to be done first. I’ve been able to rush for nearly 100 yards in both games that I’ve played, and I’ve had just under a 4 yard average. That is acceptable for now, but again, I still feel that some tweaking may be necessary.
>>
* As far as the CPU goes, I was very happy to see that the game played different than the first. Matt Ryan was horrible in the first game that I played, so I was happy to see Tony Romo chuck it around the field in this one. The big pass play that he had was a 70 yard TD to T.O. He broke two tackles and outran my safety to the end zone. I thought that the CPU passing game was solid overall. Romo made some good throws, but there were times where he was off the mark as well. I think this is something to keep an eye on because some of the accuracy was a little too off for my liking. However, I think more games need to be played in order to come to a definitive conclusion. I can’t really comment much on the CPU run game, because as you can see from the stats, there wasn’t really much to talk about. For some reason, ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Dallaslace> didn’t run the ball. But, when they did give Barber the ball, he had a healthy YPC. We’ll have to see how other games play out.
>>
* Overall, I’m encouraged by the results that I got from this game. Much testing is needed in order to really get this thing on the road, but I think we’re taking a step in the right direction. At the very least, you won’t have to worry about RoboQB if you use my rosters. As far as sliders go, it’s going to take awhile before there is a set that I’ll stick with to start a franchise, but I’m used to that already. I guess it’s just part of the annual Madden process for me now. The one thing I’m going to try is extending the quarter length so I can get more stats. I’m currently using 9 minute quarters, so I’ll extend it to 10 or 11 and see if that leads to higher scoring games and better stats.
>>
* Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know if you guys have any questions, and I’ll try to do my best to answer them. I’m really hoping that BigPapa gives me the okay to post these, that way I can share them with you.
>>
Cheers.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

itbeme23, thanks for all your feedback on the game you played, stats etc. I'm hoping you are enjoying the game better, and feel the ratings and results are better. You may need to tweak the sliders to really get the game you, and others want.

I also use 10 minute quarters. If you feel either your QB, or the others are a bit low %, you can always add 3 or 5 points to their ACC to improve your gameplay experience. My suggestions were to end ROBoQB, and improve gameplay. The real credit goes to Nitelordz, who suggested this. I actually felt the comp pct plugin was a bit low, (I indicated this in some thread), and I suggested adding 5-10 points to the comp pct plugin (i.e. if someone is a 63% passer, perhaps make the ACC rating a 68.)

You can most definitely post your rosters, sliders, etc. My thread was to help others, and you testing, playing the games helps too. I play the PS3, I believe another user "destroyer" was asking. If someone could tell me how to attach my roster to this thread, I'd gladly do so for the PS3 users...

Hopefully all will enjoy. I have to be honest. Although the game plays better, I am just disappointed in the game and progress after 3 years of "next-gen football" Its just missing so much atmosphere, with no refs on field, chaingang and a bunch of features. I purchased the PS2 version last night, and I'm really happy with it (the graphics obviously not as clean, but darn good on my Samsung LCD!), its the gameplay that stands out.

To each their own I guess. I so much want HighDef Football, but theres just too much missing in the current version still. But I hope my suggestions have helped other Football Gamers out there.

Last edited by bigpapa_bliss; 10-14-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 7

What kind of incompletes are you mainly getting? Inaccurate passes or mostly defensive knockdowns and receiver drops?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

BigL,

When I was testing, it was probably 80% between inaccurate throws and DB knockdowns and 20% receiver drops.

The playability is much more believable than both QBs hitting 75% plus in game, and then the simmed QBS hitting 80.

And the passes that were not complete were prob INT or a rare drops. Inaccurate passes never, if ever happened.

Watching the games Sunday, a ton of inaccurate passes and drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »