Home

Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

This is a discussion on Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Edit the QB Accuracy in Roster to fix RoboQB

Madden Scientists I call you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got a great slide-rule
Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #67
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
itbeme23.

You could always bump up you ACC slider to 55, to help your accuracy and drop the reaction time (to 60) to help reduce the deflections, and prob increase CPU comp % a bit...

As far as run defense, I tried dropping reaction time to 0, shedding 0 and tackling 10. Dropping tackling from 50 is problem.

With 10 tackling, I had a FB catch a short pass, knock 5 guys over in route to a 60 yd TD. It really wasnt realistic.

I would suggest keeping tackling up, but drop the reaction time to 0, keep shedding at 10, and see how that works for you, if you want to get CPU running better.

Also, if you are averaging 3.8 rushing, thats generally the NFL avg these days. I guess you like the 49ers, so yeah, Gore should be a little higher than 3.8, he'd be in the 4.0 to 4.4 range.
BigPapa,

As always, thanks for the response. Passing-wise, I played a lot better the second time around. I think I had to get used to how the game played once the QB Accuracy was dropped. I threw two picks the first game, but I didn't throw one the second game, even though I got sacked 4 times. I think I'll leave the HUM QB Accuracy where it is because i went 12-17 with JTO against Dallas (70%).

I definitely will be tweaking the Pass Defense Reaction time slider a bit to decrease the amount of deflections my defense is getting. Just like you said, hopefully that will increase the CPU QB's completion % a bit.

As far as run defense goes, I think that set is going to take awhile to nail down. As you've noted, there's not that much you can do with the reaction time and block shedding, so logically, the tackling slider is the only one that you can really play around with. I'm thinking that reaction time and block shedding can never exceed 10, and there has to be somewhere (other than 50) that tackling can be set in order to get a decent ground attack by the CPU. If we play around with the sliders using those guidelines, I'm sure we can find a balance.

Lastly, I'm trying to decide which slider to tweak with the HUM Running. From what I've seen so far, I don't think that it's the break tackle slider. I saw Gore and Robinson trying to fight through tacklers to get a few extra yards. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't. I'm okay with that. I think if anything, the run block slider can use a little push, maybe 5 points at the most. If that works, then I can start lowering the fumble slider in order to offset the increase in run blocking.

Isn't this fun??? LOL It's all about finding that balance, I guess. As tedious as this stuff is, I still find a strange sense of enjoyment out of it.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 7

If anybody has an edited PS3 roster and can post it it would be much appreciated if you are willing to share it.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #69
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16NJD16
Madden Scientists I call you guys.
BigPapa and NiteLordz are the scientists.....I'm more of an Igor....
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

teh roster file i posted was a tweaked ps3 file
Old 10-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #71
Rookie

PS3 Re-Rated Roster???????

What Roster Update are you guys using?

I play on the ps3....

I want to start my franchise and wanted to get this re-rated roster

Last edited by destroyer; 10-14-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

So what you guys are actually saying is,all EA has to do is redo all of the player attributes to get this game engine working properly,EA should take a look at this then.I always wondered how they came up w/ player ratings but percentages would be the way to go if you wanted a true sim.The game probably would play better if every player was watered down and had accurate ratings,I hate seeing bum offensive lineman having high pass/run blocks,may be the reason why defenders get stonewalled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »