Home

Madden has along way to go

This is a discussion on Madden has along way to go within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #73
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden has along way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by number10
the game is cool. Gets better and better each year. Your asking to much...give it time
Ask anyone here, I am one of the biggest fans of EA and the Madden series, but honestly, the game is boring. The atmosphere in the game is nonexistent. Nothing draws you into the game. And there are way too many little quirks and bumps in the road that prevent this game from being enjoyable over time, at least as a single player game.

In my honest opinion, this is the game we should've had in '07, not '09. Somewhere along the way, EA/Ian/Phil have to find a way to make up two years of lost time on the next gen systems.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #74
Rookie

chrsn's Arena

OVR: 2

You know what? That's exactly what EA wants you to think--that it will just get better every year. So you'll keep coming along each year like Pavlov's dog giving them your hard-earned cash for yet another half-baked product.

The guys at EA must be laughing at some of you guys for continually hoping each year for that perfect game, when all they do is add some stupid cosmetic stuff and a few nonsensical game tweaks over the same dumb model-T engine. Believe me, the EA hype machine will be running just as hot next year, telling you about all the great new features they added. And you'll pay them $60 bucks for the game, play it and be unsatisfied again, and end up hoping for next year's game to be a big improvement. Of course, EA is more than happy to collect $60 in revenues from you every single year for minimal work.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
After watching NFL and playing Madden 09 then playing NBA 2k9 I realized what is wrong with Madden

(A.I.)
1.The Players need Tendencies just like Basketball games.Vince Young plays the same as Tom Brady.

Play Calling needs a reworking it's almost horrible.It should be based on the teams playing style,Coaches,and situation of the game.

Adapting...There is none whatsoever....After Halftime it should be game plan changes if things aren't going correctly.

Mismatches...The cpu doesn't recognize them on either side of the ball...The cpu should exploit your weaknesses

Audibles,hot routes,adjustments,etc... The cpu needs to use alot more especially a smart qb when they see a mismatch or a blitz coming.

(Gameplay)

1.The WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul.....They need to fight for position on passing plays they just run right by each other.

(Blocking) OL/DL interaction.....Blocking is horrid.....players block the wrong person and it's usually not a very good block either....OL needs to form more of a pocket

Robo QB....My problem is when players are running around and throwing perfect passes along with pressure on the cpu and they're making perfect passes.

Short yardage runs....It needs to be more of who has a better push up front rather than blocking...which is where pile ups come into affect

Pile ups...There is none whatsoever.....It should be numerous pile ups throughout the game for ex...Kickoff returns,Fumbles,Short Yardage runs,and Goaline runs

Ratings....They really need to distinguish a 73 WR from a 96 WR....73 OL vs. a 96 OL,73 QB vs. 96 B,etc....

7.Team Play Styles and Tempo.....Every team should have a certain play style and tempo that they try to establish like for example Colts Run N Gun vs. The Bears grind it out

(Graphics,Animations,Presentation)
Crowd is bad Look wise and sound wise

1st is looks

There is no merchandise,game signs around the stadium,and also the crowd stands the whole time....The crowd should sit and they should stand when a big play errupts or it's crunch time.

Example cheese heads in Green Bay it should be team specific for Merchandise,signs,etc...
http://www.packersgameday.com/pictur...02/stands5.jpg

2nd Sound
It should be very loud in the stadium when it's a big game,close game,etc...

Also add chants like M-V-P-(Certain players),OVERRATED,J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS,etc.....

2.Sidelines and endzones....It's just not enough people on the field..Players,Camera man,reporters,Coaches,security,Cheerleaders,etc...

Interactive Sidelines...They really need these for when players get hit out of bounds,big play reactions,touch down celebrations,etc...

Big Game recongnition-Monday night Football,Sunday night Football,Primetime game,Thursday night Football,Thanksgiving Day,Two Powerhouses,Playoffs,etc.... They should reciever special presentation and coverage and all of them should be covered in a different manner

Halftime Highlights and advice for 2nd half sucess,2 minute warning Gamebreaks and Game highlights,Post Game coverage

6.Animations need alot of improvement for example sideline catching

7.On Field Refs,Chain Gain,Field Dedgration,Weather Effects,Injury Carts
Damn.. you said it bro, everything you say i agree with..i have ALOT of hope for 2010 madden.. but its a waiting game now, trust me, 2010 is the last time im gonna give madden a chance..if it doesnt have any LIFE and ATMOSPHERE, Style, Presentation,gameplay bugs fixed,etc, more camera choices,etc..im done, im TOTALLY done with Madden.

Again..you spoke truth and i can see your just being honest bro..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
After watching NFL and playing Madden 09 then playing NBA 2k9 I realized what is wrong with Madden

(A.I.)
1.The Players need Tendencies just like Basketball games.Vince Young plays the same as Tom Brady.

Play Calling needs a reworking it's almost horrible.It should be based on the teams playing style,Coaches,and situation of the game.

Adapting...There is none whatsoever....After Halftime it should be game plan changes if things aren't going correctly.

Mismatches...The cpu doesn't recognize them on either side of the ball...The cpu should exploit your weaknesses

Audibles,hot routes,adjustments,etc... The cpu needs to use alot more especially a smart qb when they see a mismatch or a blitz coming.

(Gameplay)

1.The WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul.....They need to fight for position on passing plays they just run right by each other.

(Blocking) OL/DL interaction.....Blocking is horrid.....players block the wrong person and it's usually not a very good block either....OL needs to form more of a pocket

Robo QB....My problem is when players are running around and throwing perfect passes along with pressure on the cpu and they're making perfect passes.

Short yardage runs....It needs to be more of who has a better push up front rather than blocking...which is where pile ups come into affect

Pile ups...There is none whatsoever.....It should be numerous pile ups throughout the game for ex...Kickoff returns,Fumbles,Short Yardage runs,and Goaline runs

Ratings....They really need to distinguish a 73 WR from a 96 WR....73 OL vs. a 96 OL,73 QB vs. 96 B,etc....

7.Team Play Styles and Tempo.....Every team should have a certain play style and tempo that they try to establish like for example Colts Run N Gun vs. The Bears grind it out

(Graphics,Animations,Presentation)
Crowd is bad Look wise and sound wise

1st is looks

There is no merchandise,game signs around the stadium,and also the crowd stands the whole time....The crowd should sit and they should stand when a big play errupts or it's crunch time.

Example cheese heads in Green Bay it should be team specific for Merchandise,signs,etc...
http://www.packersgameday.com/pictur...02/stands5.jpg

2nd Sound
It should be very loud in the stadium when it's a big game,close game,etc...

Also add chants like M-V-P-(Certain players),OVERRATED,J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS,etc.....

2.Sidelines and endzones....It's just not enough people on the field..Players,Camera man,reporters,Coaches,security,Cheerleaders,etc...

Interactive Sidelines...They really need these for when players get hit out of bounds,big play reactions,touch down celebrations,etc...

Big Game recongnition-Monday night Football,Sunday night Football,Primetime game,Thursday night Football,Thanksgiving Day,Two Powerhouses,Playoffs,etc.... They should reciever special presentation and coverage and all of them should be covered in a different manner

Halftime Highlights and advice for 2nd half sucess,2 minute warning Gamebreaks and Game highlights,Post Game coverage

6.Animations need alot of improvement for example sideline catching

7.On Field Refs,Chain Gain,Field Dedgration,Weather Effects,Injury Carts
It's funny, it seems like the Madden devs have tried to copy everything on this list and in some ways have succeeded.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsn
You know what? That's exactly what EA wants you to think--that it will just get better every year. So you'll keep coming along each year like Pavlov's dog giving them your hard-earned cash for yet another half-baked product.

The guys at EA must be laughing at some of you guys for continually hoping each year for that perfect game, when all they do is add some stupid cosmetic stuff and a few nonsensical game tweaks over the same dumb model-T engine. Believe me, the EA hype machine will be running just as hot next year, telling you about all the great new features they added. And you'll pay them $60 bucks for the game, play it and be unsatisfied again, and end up hoping for next year's game to be a big improvement. Of course, EA is more than happy to collect $60 in revenues from you every single year for minimal work.
Yeah and some representative from EA will be on here pre-release telling us how great this year's game will be, then magically vanish after the game comes out. Dirty vicious cycle
Old 11-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #78
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Its nice to see some of the most die hard EA defenders finally coming around (countryboy, Moegames, etc..)..

And in the end, all the so called haters like Apex, Moody, Myself and many others kind of had a point in all that harsh criticism huh?

Everyone just wants a great football game, thats all.. and EA is just not cutting it.. period
No more excuses please
Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Its nice to see some of the most die hard EA defenders finally coming around (countryboy, Moegames, etc..)..

And in the end, all the so called haters like Apex, Moody, Myself and many others kind of had a point in all that harsh criticism huh?

Everyone just wants a great football game, thats all.. and EA is just not cutting it.. period
No more excuses please
You did notice most of those quotes were from 2008, didn't you? This thread is over a year old.

I'm one of them that thought 09 was boring.

Last edited by roadman; 11-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #80
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You did notice most of those quotes were from 2008, didn't you? This thread is over a year old.

I'm one of them that thought 09 was boring.
LOL, dam, you are right roadman , i did miss that! my bad there.
I really hate when that happens!!

but it still doesn't change my feelings one bit.
the funny thing is that I kind of like the Madden Arcade game.. i think its fun.. and with that game there is no expectation of realism, so there really isnt too much to get upset at.

I may actually buy that one.. maybe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »