Home

SALARY CAP OFF FOR FRANCHISE????

This is a discussion on SALARY CAP OFF FOR FRANCHISE???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
SALARY CAP OFF FOR FRANCHISE????

I dont know about ur chise is Madden....But I always end up w/ a plethora of great players (Carson Palmer....Bob Sanders) in the free agent pool...Plus half the drafted players at the start of a new season...Im thinking the solution would be to turn off the salary cap....Now I do control all 32 teams for the, but thats only to get a legit draft...Ill be damned if I sign all the players in their contract years...But has any1 else tried this??? And does it work....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: SALARY CAP OFF FOR FRANCHISE????

yes i have and omg is it better. I have givin up on salary cap in madden it simply doesnt work. With Cap off every first rounder is signed and there is a good and fair mix between signed players and ones that choose 2 test the market.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
yes i have and omg is it better. I have givin up on salary cap in madden it simply doesnt work. With Cap off every first rounder is signed and there is a good and fair mix between signed players and ones that choose 2 test the market.

Is there any down-side to this? I can control myself to not build a crazy team due to not having a cap, but what about the CPU teams, do they sign any and every top player they can get a hold of or is it somewhat realistic? If they don't do any real extreme crazy signings I may have to try this.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Is there any down-side to this? I can control myself to not build a crazy team due to not having a cap, but what about the CPU teams, do they sign any and every top player they can get a hold of or is it somewhat realistic? If they don't do any real extreme crazy signings I may have to try this.
Good question, I'd be interested in hearing the reply to this as well. I have the cap on in my current franchise, but might try this in my next if it works that well with no significant downside.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wouldn't you and the cpu teams still be limited by your budget which would prevent too many high priced free agent signings?

Rick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icvu42
Wouldn't you and the cpu teams still be limited by your budget which would prevent too many high priced free agent signings?

Rick
I haven't completed an off-season yet, but what budget limit would there be with salary cap turned off?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Maybe he is thinking about the non-existent owner mode?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
trick02,
Tell me, with the cap off does it still show what the cap limits would be? For example when signing draft picks, re-signing players, or during trades; does the screen still show what that years cap limit would be even though it has no effect with cap off?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »