Home

Do you think Madden's gameplay is "broken"?

This is a discussion on Do you think Madden's gameplay is "broken"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Madden simply too broken to repair?
Yes, it's TOTALLY broken and needs to start from scratch 41 39.05%
Yes, it is broken in SOME areas, but only needs tweaks 39 37.14%
No, not enough problems to call it broken 23 21.90%
No, not at all, it is fine as is 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you think Madden's gameplay is "broken"?

I voted totally broken because there's too much football missing. The lack of realistic physics/momentum and so many missing animations makes using Football strategy impossible. Inadequate playbooks also contribute to this.

But broken is not the word I would've used. Unfinished & arcadey is how I see Madden.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I voted broken in some areas.

I can kind of sum up my issues with Madden like this....if I'm facing 4th and 4 from my own 30, I choose to punt. Not because I fear I won't convert...but because I know I will. Even on All-Madden level, I have to handicap myself in an attempt to play "sim".

Even the most basic of football plays can break the game. Such as QB sneak, FB and RB dive plays. Of course the lack of fatigue hurts the realism as well. However I do believe that these issues could be resolved with commonsense tweaking.

In my opinion, the way to truly resolve many of the gameplay problems won't come until we have two things...the game plays much more to the ratings, and we have adaptive AI added to the game.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #11
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't know if it's considered gameplay,but fatigue is truly broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 11

Got to agree with the above, but overall it is most definitely broken, they've just been focusing on graphics the past few years, adding the odd animation, when the gameplay has stayed the same and hardly improved
Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

bump for more input..........
Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
It is broken. It needs to be rebuilt like the Chiefs.
I am a Chiefs fan, but if it needs to be rebuilt like the Chiefs are being rebuilt, then its in serious crap. Chiefs are a lost freaking cause. Then again alot of people say the same about Madden. lol

Chiefs have no QB in their 2nd season of being rebuilt. haha, Aging TE that doesnt wanna be there. A running back that has absolutely no blocking becuase the Oline is so horrid. Hey, that does sound familar. lol
Old 10-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

Broken is a bad word to use in this scenario. The game works. The definition of broken is that it does not work.

The game plays as the producers intended it too. Everything thats in the game isn't there by accident. Its just that we hate everything thats in the game.

Heck I'd be happy with current-gen game with next-gen graphics.

The execution of ideas is bad in madden. Labelling the game as broken is incredibly harsh and imo wrong. The game is just not condusive to the smaller sim community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
Got to agree with the above, but overall it is most definitely broken, they've just been focusing on graphics the past few years, adding the odd animation, when the gameplay has stayed the same and hardly improved
I think different parts of the game is broken.

Passing game is seriously fubared. Ephus pitch or bullet pass. Even my buddy Damon Huard has a rocket arm. lol If anyone seen him play dude has a pea shooter for an arm.

Catching the ball and their 2 animations spin catch and regular catch. lol I remember in APF there is about 20 different animations for a catch and the AI knows what animation to use. lol

Middle Linebackers that can all do the dreaded 2 handed superjump interception becuase you cannot put a little air to get it to the tight end.

Linebackers warping/superspeeding into the gaps. I dont know how many times, i am like yeah, i got a good run incomming only to have the defensive player say no way punk, warping time. lol Or when they stop your runningback dead in its tracks while there is NO one in front of you.

Thats my main complaints with the game. I havent played in a while, but i am sure i can fire up the game and remember more stuff, but i wont do that becuase its time to play some NBA2K9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »