Home

"BackTracked" to the PS2 version !

This is a discussion on "BackTracked" to the PS2 version ! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #57
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: "BackTracked" to the PS2 version !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
How does ps2 online work? Do you have to pay for it?
No problems for me so far, and of course it is free.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #58
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I know it shouldn't come as a surprise but I am finding Madden for PS2 to be a much more dynamic game with overall better AI. The teams I play against seem to perform like they should....the Redskins ran Portis against me continually and I had a hard time stopping him. I found that they had a decent pass game, even had Campbell scramble and rush against me 2-3 times....not necessarilly a designed run but he broke out of the pocket very early...that was nice. The defense plays solid against me...I have to "think" to gain yards.
The overall feel of the game is a little faster and more smooth....guys really feel like they build up momentum leading up to a big hit....which is nice. Penalties seem to be called at a realistic rate without having touched a single slider.

Madden and Michaels seem better....or compared to Collinsworth and Hammond, just seem fresh. I like how Michaels describes some of the defensive shifts that I am making and they both comment on specific players throughout the game. "Kameron Wimbley is dominating this game defensively, that's his 7th tackle".

It is hard to explain how much more complete this PS2 version is. Still....I find myself distracted by the graphics and overall look. There are times that the gameplay feels a little out of my control....things happen so fast and in large groups....you can't alway tell what is happening. I am in a state of football purgatory......next gen looks and feels great to me but lacks substance and consistent CPU play and even with the ROBOqb corrected with ratings changes, it feels flat.

The PS2 version is everything the NG is not, but lacks graphics...which makes it hard to look at. It is so obvious that it is "just a game" as it doesn't approach any level of realism like NG ......oh.......why can't EA just get it right on next gen so we don't have to struggle with choices like this?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

try turning off the smoothing..its the only diff I see, other than the TV's we have (or my eyes are going..)
Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 24

So, has anyone played in the playoffs /Super Bowl yet? If so, is it "just another game" like NG, or are there actually intros,celebrations, etc. (all the hoopla to make it feel like a big game)? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 2

I dont want to give anything away, but i can tell you, there is something there, it gives you the sense that you accomplished something which should be there for all games, NG is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 24

^^^That's all I asked for, the feeling you accomplished something.(rather than, "thanks for playing, see you next time....zzzzzzzzzz) Thank you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »