Home

2010- The Pressure is On!

This is a discussion on 2010- The Pressure is On! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 2010- The Pressure is On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanz
EA does not give a crap about the wishlist.

http://www.pastapadre.com/3540/close...adden-09-sales

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/39288/113/

here are the sales number. So how many people here are not going to buy the game?

you're small potatoes to EA.
Hanz...point taken. EA had a lot of things going for them(the media frenzy surrounding Brett Favre who was the cover boy,20 year anniversary edition, emphasis on getting community feedback which made us feel apart of the process) and they put together one hell of a hype machine. Brilliant on their part.

To me it's not about sales I understand the casual gamer does not care about a lot of the things we do. Thus EA will always make a huge profit margin on this game. However, it's about Ian's and Phil's pride in their work.

1) Somebody mo capped a Lambeau Leap that looked like Spiderman climbing a wall and it was released to the general public.

2) CPU players running out of bounds and ghost juking.

3)Broken Franchise Mode

4)Incorrect Uniforms

To me those are blatant examples of them having a lack of attention to details. THose are examples of basic things that should be caught and fixed in house before they get out to the public. Maybe it's my former military background kicking in so when I see situations where corners were blatantly cut it irks me. Am I wrong for thinking people should take pride in their work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

What they truely need is to hire more people who actually care about the game/NFL. Some of these guys must not have a clue about the NFL to get some of the things wrong. (ART Department). I mean how hard is to to atleast get there jersey/helmet/pants/logo correct?

Also they need people who dont settle for AVERAGE work (lambeau leap animator). Fire these bums and get someone in there who knows what one looks like. Also some of the wr's catch animations are ********.

For Example: when a pass is thrown over your head and you are running towards it 99% of the time the catch is a over the shoulder cradle catch. In madden the wr does this 180 twist turn then catches it facing foward. That NEVER happens EVER. Why would a wr ever turn his body 180 taking his eyes off the ball and making that style catch insyead of just putting out his arms and letting it fall into his hands? Stuff like that goes to show me that whoever is in charge of those things does not watch/know football.

EA needs more football die hards, and maybe a coach or 2. Heck Bring in LB from this forum, he'll teach ya a lession or 2.

Last edited by kmart2180; 10-19-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
What they truely need is to hire more people who actually care about the game/NFL. Some of these guys must not have a clue about the NFL to get some of the things wrong. (ART Department). I mean how hard is to to atleast get there jersey/helmet/pants/logo correct?

Also they need people who dont settle for AVERAGE work (lambeau leap animator). Fire these bums and get someone in there who knows what one looks like. Also some of the wr's catch animations are ********.

For Example: when a pass is thrown over your head and you are running towards it 99% of the time the catch is a over the should cradle catch. In madden the wr does this 180 twist turn then catches it facing foward. That NEVER happens EVER. Why would a wr ever turn his body 180 taking his eyes off the ball and making that style catch insyead of just putting out his arms and letting it fall into his hands? Stuff like that goes to show me that whoever is in charge of those things does not watch/know football.

EA needs more football die hards, and maybe a coach or 2. Heck Bring in LB from this forum, he'll teach ya a lession or 2.
Guys, if EA can't even get NFL penalties right (throwing beyond LOS), can't get challenges right, simple things that are FUNDAMENTALS f NFL football, what makes us think they can make gameplay deep and realistic???
Old 10-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Guys, if EA can't even get NFL penalties right (throwing beyond LOS), can't get challenges right, simple things that are FUNDAMENTALS f NFL football, what makes us think they can make gameplay deep and realistic???
Amen to that.
NEW YORK METS
Old 10-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Countryboy...you have to be kidding me right? We did not have to dissect the game to see that it does not have refs,player regression/progression was broken,team uniforms are incorrect and some are missing, franchises were freezing up, cpu sliders were gone, cpu play calling is questionable, players didn't recognize where they were on the field, etc,etc,etc....Technically all we did was a general checkup on the game and picked up on these things.

Do you honestly believe that all those game testers, producers, and developers who played the game didn't recognize the basic flaws in this game that we picked up on. Let's not test our own intelligence here. The two released patches were probably already in the works around early July. The fact that the game was released with all those bugs is unacceptable!

My entire point here is this. The pressure is on because Ian and Phil are in total control this year. No more excuses and wishful thinking. 2010 is their baby from womb to tomb.As a community we have provided them with more than enough information to help create a great game. What more interaction do we need to provide them. Ian and Phil know the capabilities and limitations of what they can do so now it's time for them to go to work. We do not need more interaction with them we need RESULTS! They have the technology and intelligence to make a great game so we have to hold them to that. No more free passes!

We may be in the minority but we are the core of EA's consumer base. If they lose us it's only a matter of time before the domino effect trickles down to the casual consumer. Personally for 2010 I am going to avoid the hype machine and really focus on what 2010 has to offer. I will never purchase this game again on the strength that is has Madden on the cover. Hopefully everyone takes my same approach for next year.
and you completely missed my point. I wasn't saying that the only reason there are flaws is because we dissect the game to no end. The point that I was making is we are hardcore gamers that was a true representation of the sport we are playing and that we dissect the game and notice everything thats wrong from big, little and the most minute detail. The average/casual consumer doesn't do those types of things. So long as its the NFL with a franchise mode or online play, then the casual gamer is happy.

And in regards to Ian/Phil, again you missed my point. Even though we the hardcore gamer are the minority, we are the ones that have the access to these two gentlemen that have the biggest impact on what game we'll see next year. This is their first full development year with Madden and they are asking for our ideas to help shape the game. They aren't asking the casual joe what he wants.

Like I said in my post, we won't know how much they listened to us and took our advice and criticisms until we play next year's game. Hopefully, we'll all be pleasantly surprised and in some cases, such as myself, not have to revert back to the LG game to find a complete football game for next season.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 22

..i been saying this myself. I have HIGH HOPES for Madden 2010 for two things.

1. The changes Tiburon made with their development staff "right before" madden09 released. Lets give Phil, Ian, etc a fair chance at their effort on NFL Football.. along with letting the rest of the Tiburon team the opppurtinity to 'redeem" their work ethic.

2. The madden developers are IN HERE reading our suggestions,input,cries,complaining,Idea's,etc. This right here will improve Madden for 2010...no doubt about it. Communication is the key here.. two heads are better then one..you know what i mean.

I think those two elements ALONE... will give Madden2010 a legitimate shot at being the game we been waiting for. Like i said, Madden2010 is my last hope for NFL Football Video games. If it bombs or is super flawed like 09..im done, im totally done until one of two things happens... Tiburon gets canned or the NFL Deal expires exclusivity...yes i'll stop playing NFL football games until one of those two things happens IF Madden 2010 bombs.

I have a GOOD feeling we'll finally get that great game play we wanted, the smart cpu logic we need and last but SURELY NOT LEAST.. a Madden game that represents the excitement that real NFL games have..which is a game loaded with atmosphere from beginning to end...I been one thats hammered away at this badly needed atmosphere in these forums since madden09 released that's so desperately needed in a madden football games.. I'll be honest, there hasn't be ONE..not a single Madden game EVER that had any LIFE to it, any REAL presentation to it..nothing..i played every single madden to date..even on 3DO, i paid 700 dollars for a 3D0 just FOR MADDEN and STILL..to this day..i have not played a madden with any type of atmosphere that NFL2k5 had..to me, thats the kind of atmosphere we should AT LEAST be seeing this generation with Madden.. NFL2k5 is old and dated... come on now, its time to make madden fun and exciting to play.im tired of this dead football game.

I will hold final judgment with Madden 2010, last final time for me...

PS> Madden developers.. see that text above in bold? You all need to really do something about that.. seriously, its about time Madden finally has some heart and soul. If your gonna represent the "real" NFL..at least do it with some class and style. Hell, if you gotta copy NFL2k5's awesome atmosphere & presentation..go do it..we don't care, we just don't want another dead playing madden again.

Last edited by Moegames; 10-19-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #31
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

And in regards to Ian/Phil, again you missed my point. Even though we the hardcore gamer are the minority, we are the ones that have the access to these two gentlemen that have the biggest impact on what game we'll see next year. This is their first full development year with Madden and they are asking for our ideas to help shape the game. They aren't asking the casual joe what he wants.
In regard to development that excuse gets used almost every single year with Madden. There's always something to use as a crutch for creating a better EA game - it's new hardware, it's this, it's that. New development team - blah blah.

This is an alright game for Madden. I actually didn't mind paying my half for the Head Coach copy I wanted and actually played Madden more than HC the first 2 weeks. But like Madden of the past there's so much that could have been done this year to make this game better from a non-casual standpoint.

Madden 09 was the year of glitches and bugs and lackluster Franchise at release IMO. The DLC issue really snuffs out this version for me - I had looked forward to CPU sliders (AI running game and insane completion percentages) needed some help. Not to mention some of the other things that will surely be touted in 2010 as "new features".

EA got their money and once again the developers are more talk than action. It's pretty ironic the same week they nix DLC we get to hear about more Madden Nation style garbage tournaments for this year.

Good thing regular non-sports gaming will be so great from Oct-March.

Last edited by umd; 10-19-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
..i been saying this myself. I have HIGH HOPES for Madden 2010 for two things.

1. The changes Tiburon made with their development staff "right before" madden09 released. Lets give Phil, Ian, etc a fair chance at their effort on NFL Football.. along with letting the rest of the Tiburon team the opppurtinity to 'redeem" their work ethic.

2. The madden developers are IN HERE reading our suggestions,input,cries,complaining,Idea's,etc. This right here will improve Madden for 2010...no doubt about it. Communication is the key here.. two heads are better then one..you know what i mean.

I think those two elements ALONE... will give Madden2010 a legitimate shot at being the game we been waiting for. Like i said, Madden2010 is my last hope for NFL Football Video games. If it bombs or is super flawed like 09..im done, im totally done until one of two things happens... Tiburon gets canned or the NFL Deal expires exclusivity...yes i'll stop playing NFL football games until one of those two things happens IF Madden 2010 bombs.

I have a GOOD feeling we'll finally get that great game play we wanted, the smart cpu logic we need and last but SURELY NOT LEAST.. a Madden game that represents the excitement that real NFL games have..which is a game loaded with atmosphere from beginning to end...I been one thats hammered away at this badly needed atmosphere in these forums since madden09 released that's so desperately needed in a madden football games.. I'll be honest, there hasn't be ONE..not a single Madden game EVER that had any LIFE to it, any REAL presentation to it..nothing..i played every single madden to date..even on 3DO, i paid 700 dollars for a 3D0 just FOR MADDEN and STILL..to this day..i have not played a madden with any type of atmosphere that NFL2k5 had..to me, thats the kind of atmosphere we should AT LEAST be seeing this generation with Madden.. NFL2k5 is old and dated... come on now, its time to make madden fun and exciting to play.im tired of this dead football game.

I will hold final judgment with Madden 2010, last final time for me...
I might agree with you, but there were two very stupid/astounding/baffling things done by THIS develpment team (meaning Ian and Phil, too) that cause me to think otherwise.

It bears repeating....Ian and HIS team made the choice to remove fatigue for online no-huddle balance, INSTEAD of punishing the offense by causing it to fatigue faster and make mistakes. Why??? Because that was the easy fix...it took less work to simply REMOVE fatigue than to write code for the other option.

They ALSO chose to "fix" the Qb passing beyond the POS by preventing the DB from breaking off the reciever to pursue the QB. It SHOULD have simply been a penalty on the offense, pure and simple. But again, they took the easy fix, as I can guarantee you there was NO CODE written into the game for the illegal forward pass penalty. Laziness abounds.

And also, how many DIFFERENT penalties have you seen called in this years game?? I saw holding (more than any other), a very rare defensive PI, an occassional flase start....never ever saw any other penalty!! I have doubts these were ever written into the game, either.

So, again, Phil and Ian's team made these decisions as to how to fix these things. Does that scream work ethic and realism to you??? It doesn't to me!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »