Home

I have an idea...

This is a discussion on I have an idea... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
I have an idea...

Why doesn't EA just pony up the cash and get the rights to use NaturalMotion's Euphoria engine? For those of you not familiar with the game, it is the engine being used on the game (is it canceled) Backbreaker. (www.backbreakergame.com, click on 'videos').

This seems very practical since NM already has all the physics and tackling down perfectly. EA could just design the uniforms and all the extra equipment and just focus on presentation, and NM will give them their euphoria engine with the game.

That would be sick and I think it would cure a lot of our issues with the game.

Maybe this is impractical, but I would love to see it and I think it would make Madden 2010 the best football game ever made.

What's your take? Let me know what you think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I have an idea...

I wonder how many times this is going to be said? Euphoria/Naturalmotion is not going to be implemented into Madden 2010 dude. It's a tech that has yet to be proven to function properly in a football game. If you search around, Ian (TheFuture15) addressed this topic again a couple days ago.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-2010-a.html

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=262900
Old 10-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

oh, my bad rgiles... where can I find where he addressed this so I don't look like an idiot again? haha. But why hasn't it been proven in a football game? If you look at the tackling in the video, it looks pretty proven to me.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
oh, my bad rgiles... where can I find where he addressed this so I don't look like an idiot again? haha. But why hasn't it been proven in a football game? If you look at the tackling in the video, it looks pretty proven to me.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038850562
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Banned

If EA did that I would give up ESPN NFL 2K5. But I highly doubt they will ever do that. It would be to much work for them. They keep it easy and cheap by upgrading the rosters every year and calling it a new game. They probably already have 2010 finished and just waiting to ship it out.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

LOL.

Natural Motion is not the Holy Grail answer. It's so much more complicated than that.

Watching the videos of BackBreaker, yes there is a coolness factor there, but you can also see where there are a number of holes that aren't true to football. I mean, every tackle in that game seems to be a car wreck, lol. Reminds me of Super High Impact Football (I loved that game by the way).

Madden has some tackles like that too, but it seems like ALL of BackBreakers tackles are like that. That'll start to get old pretty quick, even under the guise of "every tackle is different".
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
If EA did that I would give up ESPN NFL 2K5. But I highly doubt they will ever do that. It would be to much work for them. They keep it easy and cheap by upgrading the rosters every year and calling it a new game. They probably already have 2010 finished and just waiting to ship it out.
your logic is flawed, they don't have the 2010 rosters yet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »