Home

Madden 09 is a GOOD GAME.

This is a discussion on Madden 09 is a GOOD GAME. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden 09 is a GOOD GAME.

First off, I am always critical of any football games. Being a former player and coach I expect good simulation style gameplay with tight controls. Also I expect flexibility to run the team in a franchise mode. That being said, by no means is this game perfect. Madden 08 was unacceptable and virtually unplayable. It had loose controls and many gameplay issues. Since then EA has listened to all the legitamate complaints by some and listened to even more whining, complaining and nit picking by most others. They made significant improvements to this years game. Yes, there are things that I think should be fixed and others things that I would like to see changed, but really, the game is a good game. It was annoying with the issues at launch but they have been fixed with the patches and that is somewhat annoying, but it was addressed. And as for you that complain about "robo QB" try getting better at calling and executing defenses, and for those who say that it's "too hard to pass or run", it should be. Get better at play calling and reading defenses. Remember, the game wasn't made so you can run the same handfull of plays and score everytime and put up silly numbers and always win. If that is what you are looking for then buy Blitz or Backyard. This may sound crazy for some of you, but having a bad game and possibly even losing is what happens in real football, so deal with it, learn from your mistakes and get better. That is what sports are about. That is the experience that this years Madden gives us.

That all being said, the uniform butchering is rediculous. Get off your backside EA and get the unis right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden 09 is a GOOD GAME.

Oh God..

Waits for usual suspects to arrive.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage013
First off, I am always critical of any football games. Being a former player and coach I expect good simulation style gameplay with tight controls. Also I expect flexibility to run the team in a franchise mode. That being said, by no means is this game perfect. Madden 08 was unacceptable and virtually unplayable. It had loose controls and many gameplay issues. Since then EA has listened to all the legitamate complaints by some and listened to even more whining, complaining and nit picking by most others. They made significant improvements to this years game. Yes, there are things that I think should be fixed and others things that I would like to see changed, but really, the game is a good game. It was annoying with the issues at launch but they have been fixed with the patches and that is somewhat annoying, but it was addressed. And as for you that complain about "robo QB" try getting better at calling and executing defenses, and for those who say that it's "too hard to pass or run", it should be. Get better at play calling and reading defenses. Remember, the game wasn't made so you can run the same handfull of plays and score everytime and put up silly numbers and always win. If that is what you are looking for then buy Blitz or Backyard. This may sound crazy for some of you, but having a bad game and possibly even losing is what happens in real football, so deal with it, learn from your mistakes and get better. That is what sports are about. That is the experience that this years Madden gives us.
Nice of you to chime in Mr. Madden.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Oh God..

Waits for usual suspects to arrive.
Was thinkin the same thing when I posted this.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamd726
Nice of you to chime in Mr. Madden.
I prefer Captain Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

nice to see a positive thread!

game is good and is only going to get better.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage013
And as for you that complain about "robo QB" try getting better at calling and executing defenses, and for those who say that it's "too hard to pass or run", it should be. Get better at play calling and reading defenses.
Been there, done that, didn't work, traded it in.
Sorry, but even though I know I'm not the best Madden player, the robo QB is a major issue that ruined the game for me, along with other things already discussed throughout these forums.
You like the game, good for you. I'm not gonna say anything to try to change how you feel, nor am I gonna start talking ****;that's not how I am.
For me, it's disappointing.
Next year, I'm renting it first before I spend my $$$$.
Peace..

Last edited by Segagendude; 10-28-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Go play NFL 2K5 and then read over what you just posted.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »