Home

STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT

This is a discussion on STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: STEPS TO GET THE UNIFORMS CORRECT

Here are the steps EA should take with uni's in relation to the rest of madden 2010...

1. Prioritize Important Issues:
a) fix bugs and glitches
b) bring back all user options/sliders/cameras/controls
c) improve CPU AI
d) improve OL/DL interaction
e) improve WR/DB interaction
f) rework presentation
g) rework franchise mode
h) eliminate online lag
z) worry about uniforms

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 10-28-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Here are the steps EA should take with uni's in relation to the rest of madden 2010...

a) fix bugs and glitches
b) bring back all user options/sliders
c) improve CPU AI
f) rework presentation
g) rework franchise mode
z) worry about uniforms
Agreed
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro

a) fix bugs and glitches
b) bring back all user options/sliders
c) improve CPU AI
f) rework presentation
g) rework franchise mode
h) eliminate online lag
z) worry about uniforms
I think you misunderstand the point of this thread. I am not saying that EA needs to drop all other issues and make the unis their number one priority. I'm saying that something that seems so easy to get right. With an abundance of source material should not be an issue. I just wanted to know if anyone knew a way my own research could be sent to EA to help, in order to allow them to concentrate on the gameplay issues that are without a doubt the main priority, but as TheWatcher said "let's just hope that NFL uniforms are no longer screwed up in a game made to represent the NFL".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage013
True, I have always thought that it would be easier also if the helmet, jersey, pant, and shoe (mainly for color: black or white) would be independent choices from one another. Then all the would have to do is make one correct of each color intead of say 3 or 4, allowing more chances for error.
A perfect example of where being able to switch tops and bottoms could be used, is the fact that the Ravens White Top with Black pants is missing from 09, yet they've been wearing them all season.

Although I agree that uniforms are and should be much lower on the priority list than a lot of other things, that's beside the point. The point is that creating these uniforms is undertaken by the art department, and their main job is to handle art. So things like franchise and what not have no hindering effect on their ability to get those things right. They simply need to step up and produce better work in this area. Right now, it's certainly unacceptable and you have to hope that they have the sort of pride and determination in what they do where they agree too and get it corrected.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #13
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
A perfect example of where being able to switch tops and bottoms could be used, is the fact that the Ravens White Top with Black pants is missing from 09, yet they've been wearing them all season.

Although I agree that uniforms are and should be much lower on the priority list than a lot of other things, that's beside the point. The point is that creating these uniforms is undertaken by the art department, and their main job is to handle art. So things like franchise and what not have no hindering effect on their ability to get those things right. They simply need to step up and produce better work in this area. Right now, it's certainly unacceptable and you have to hope that they have the sort of pride and determination in what they do where they agree too and get it corrected.
Well said.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

They also need to allow me to choose uniform setup for online games. Older Madden games and other older football games had this. At least have home, home alternate, away, away alternate, ect.

Example Ravens

HOME

HOME ALTERNATE 1 (White Jersey and Black Pants)

HOME ALTERNATE 2 (Black on Black)

AWAY

AWAY ALTERNATE (Same as Home Alternate)
Old 10-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Obviously the AI needs seriously tweaked and we are not asking them to fix uniforms in lieu of fixing AI. Non AI things that need to be changes to get back to the level of last gen Madden are (this exclude new presentation related items but is more atmospheric)

1. Get uniforms right.
2. Add in all the throwback combinations that are in Madden 09 for PS2.
3. Add in lighting that progresses as game does. In NCAA 08 for 360 it changed after everyplay ever so slightly so even within an individual quarter the TOD progressed. On PS2 it seems to change after each quarter. That would be acceptable but want realtime changes if possible.
4. Varying weather within game like PS2. Starts rainy, stops raining, starts again later in the game. Stuff like this.
5.Multiple Cameras
6. Trick Plays. We need to be able to run flea-flickers and reverses from time to time.

These are in no particular order and are all in the last gen Madden series so we are not asking for innovation. Only for the Next Gen series to begin to be as complete as the previous gen.

Meanwhile, the AI team can take a lot of cues from last gen Madden and get that up to speed.

I don't feel we need new player models or better player texture at this point. That stuff looks great to me as is. The lighting looks great, I'd just like to see it progress.

It is a shame that I am still considering Madden 09 for PS2 to get my realistic gameplay and features, yet Madden 09 for 360 nails the graphics only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #16
Rookie

sabotage013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They also need to allow me to choose uniform setup for online games. Older Madden games and other older football games had this. At least have home, home alternate, away, away alternate, ect.

Example Ravens

HOME

HOME ALTERNATE 1 (White Jersey and Black Pants)

HOME ALTERNATE 2 (Black on Black)

AWAY

AWAY ALTERNATE (Same as Home Alternate)
I think a better way for them to label the unis is to say exactly what they are. Teams all to often wear their normal "away" jerseys at home now. So, labeling them "Black on Black" or "White on Black" or "Purple on White 1999" for throwbacks would be more appropriate and cause less confusion at the uni select screen. Or they could just let us see the uni preview like before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »