Home

Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation

This is a discussion on Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Question Reguarding ESPN Presentation

That video gave me chills. Maybe because I'm a Jax fan, but still, if that was in the game...wow.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #26
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
LMAO it's funny that you find your answer plausible and mine not.

"Face it"..haha that's classic.
Explain why ESPN wouldnt want free advertising in a game, Especially a massive selling game like Madden?

Adding ESPN to the Ingame Presentations helps Everyone, even EA. I am curious what Ian has to say about this, but i also understand if he cannot comment on it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #27
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan
Explain why ESPN wouldnt want free advertising in a game, Especially a massive selling game like Madden?

Adding ESPN to the Ingame Presentations helps Everyone, even EA. I am curious what Ian has to say about this, but i also understand if he cannot comment on it.
Agreed. The only real logical answer as to why ESPN style presentation is not in the game is that EA wants to market there own brand. IF that is the case, they are not even doing that well.

At least 2ksports converted a lot of the interface and style of ESPN to their own branding and it feels like a TV broadcast, especially NBA2k series.

Other than the ESPN radio, I'd be hard pressed to think of an instance where I even see the ESPN logo in Madden. Where else is it used?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It seems to me that I read on this board in late spring or so that EA has to concern themselves with the NFL network as well.

Since the NFL owns the NFL network, EA needs to walk a fine line.

I'll try to find the link. It wasn't an EA official that said it.

I was right, late spring, early June.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ergretion.html

Edit-- Some in the thread are saying that Ian mentioned it earlier.

Last edited by roadman; 10-30-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
As far as gameplay goes they took out the vision cone even though I thought it was kick *** and put in that damn action cam. I have tried many times to play with that on and I just can't do it because it is always moving and never on the part of the field where I want to throw the ball. It's freaking ********.

See, I was completely the opposite. I liked the idea they were given advantages to better Qb's, but come on, I cant play a game that looks like my Qb is holding a flashlight and looking for a receiver with it,lol.

Im trying to be serious, there has to be better ways of giving certain rated QB's vision rating bonus without the flashlight. For a quick example this is a quick idea that I still dont think is good, but its better then the flashlight. How about QB's with good vision ratings get a bonus of a open receiver highlighted(like he's being controlled for example) after you QB gets hot(throws 3 completetions in a row, or whatever you come up with). This gives the good Qb's in this area a advantage, yet doesnt ruin the overall realness of a NFL football game. If you dont like the highlighted receiver effect, or another quick thought, how about good rated vision Qb's have there open receivers raise there hands like moss does? making it easier to spot them. That might be a really cool idea that has no negative effect on gameplay at all!

The point is we all think of fantastic idea's, yet EA doesnt seam to come up with much of any. Kind of strange isnt it?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #30
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan

First you're putting words in my mouth. I never said ESPN said don't do an in game presentation, only that perhaps they care more about the streaming of their content then an in game mock up of their presentation.

You asked why wouldn't they want in game advertising, they not only have free in game advertising, they have their content going to people in game. So instead seeing an ESPN ticker you hear the Duke giving an update. That's far more effective then an ESPN logo slapped on a replay as much as you or I may want it.

Question do you think ESPN is happy with they way they are used in Madden? Or do you really believe that they would push EA to put a representation of their broadcast in the game?

If they are happy their is no real incentive to use their presentation in game for EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »