Home

Annimation system revamped... (idea)

This is a discussion on Annimation system revamped... (idea) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
Annimation system revamped... (idea)

hey guys, i think this would be really a great addition to madden, lemmie know what you all think...

Nba 2k on next gen looks like a real basketball game... my wife, on numerous occasions has walked in and asked me who was playing, when in fact i was playing 2k9... the players in that game, look like the players in real life, they move, act and react like the real life counter parts... big men move like big men, while point gaurds move like point gaurds...

i think you can all see where i am going with this... lets have this in madden for the furture... Peyton Manning does not have the same throwing animation as Tom Brady or Tony Romo... Brandon Jacobs does not run like Wlllie Parker or Maurice Jones Drew... TO does not run like Steve Smith or Randy Moss... All these players have personalities, and nuances that make them who they are... I think this would make the game EXTREMELY realistic...

just a thought...

-cg

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Annimation system revamped... (idea)

I might be wrong, but I think I remember Ian addressing that he wants these features in the game. Depending on if that means they'll actually be in the game is another question.

It is a good want though, I believe they have a huge amount of work ahead in the animation department with OL/DL and WR/CB, this could create an opportunity for a "Full Animation Revamp!" and put it as a feature on the back cover of '10.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.

Last edited by Synkopated; 10-30-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Madden needs to add ALOT more animations to the game..the more animations added, the more fun and exciting the game will be while playing it or even just watching it, period.

Good amount of varied animations is a HUGE part in making a videogame fun and exciting to play. Lets hope Madden 2010 has many more animations added.

You know, it just adds a great amount of "flow" to the game as well.. giving the overall atmosphere a boost. Same thing goes with a huge amount of cut scenes with in the game.. brings the game to life.

Last edited by Moegames; 10-30-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

Just to play devils advocate here...

I'm betting it's much easier to make 10 people look and act realisticly on screen at the same time, than it is 22.

Also, if somebody showed me mo cap animations of all 30 teams' starting QBs, I'm betting I might be able to identifify mabye 1-2 of the guys at most anyway.

That being said, I do think we need more variety in the subtle animations, especially to spread out how often we see those crazy big hits.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
Just to play devils advocate here...

I'm betting it's much easier to make 10 people look and act realisticly on screen at the same time, than it is 22.

Also, if somebody showed me mo cap animations of all 30 teams' starting QBs, I'm betting I might be able to identifify mabye 1-2 of the guys at most anyway.

That being said, I do think we need more variety in the subtle animations, especially to spread out how often we see those crazy big hits.
As long as you stick with just the top players that everyone recognizes, it should go smoothly. They did this with runningbacks in Madden 07 and it went pretty well. They should've kept expanding on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

i remember that in 07' Tiki Barber ran with the ball tucked away like he did in real life, that was pretty neat.. and i also think they should expand on that...

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »