Home

thinking about giving 08 another shot

This is a discussion on thinking about giving 08 another shot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
thinking about giving 08 another shot

Since everyone has said 09 is not so good ,how about 08 with updated rosters. because i love football. and i just can't go back to 2k5 even though i loved it.but i didn't spend all this money on a PS3 and HDTV to play last gen games i'm sorry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: thinking about giving 08 another shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
Since everyone has said 09 is not so good ,how about 08 with updated rosters. because i love football. and i just can't go back to 2k5 even though i loved it.but i didn't spend all this money on a PS3 and HDTV to play last gen games i'm sorry
Have you given 09 a shot yet? I don't think everyone has said it's bad - it has it's flaws that have made many people unhappy, but it definitely has way more redeeming qualities than 08.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie

i was about to recommend 09 on ps2 till i read the entry. lol

sad state of affairs it is when we need to go old gen on a current gen system huh?

well coming from someone who owned and sold next gen madden for the third year in a row (!), i'd say pass.

TRUST ME, you WILL get bored of it after 15 or so games.

DO not let anyone else tell you differently.

I went and bought ALL PRO to keep my fix going for the rest of the season, and thirty game in, things are fun and different.

Now keep in mind ALL PRO is light, very light on features, but a much better game of pigskin.

Also, opinions are like credit at gamestop for trading in past maddens, everybody got one, so maybe your opinion will be different.

I doubt it though.

I also refused to buy 09 on ps2 even though i played it at a friends and it was a lot better than the ps3 one.

I too, do not want to use my 42 inch plasma hd on that game lol

I recently got rid of another Ea game, LIVE and traded for madden 09 to give away as a gift to my friend who HAS to have it.

So yea, some people, though they are few and far between, could care less about having a playable football game with team tendencies that are accurate and real presentation.

I am not one sadly.

good luck!

Last edited by neuroticomic; 11-02-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

I have enjoyed 09. You have to understand that not everyone is gonna agree on the same thing. Also understand that there are more negative minded folks out there than positive. For every negative post you see here, there are about 3-4 postitve ones that dont get posted. I have enjoyed this years madden and still do. Is there flaws, you bet. I think the biggest one is just presentation and atmosphere. But it is what it is and a good football game. I really dont think getting 08 would be all that different. I know with my rosters that I did, I dont really have robo QB and everyone looks and feels like their counterpart. And yes I have played 2k5. Its old and outdated for me. It does feel and play like football, but it just feels outdated. Thats just my opinion. Take it for what its worth. Just prepare yourself for the negative posts that will come after this one. Just remeber this when deciding what game you want: Not every game is perfect, especially a game that the management was removed during the proccess of development. So yes 09 has flaws, but play the game for what it is and dont complain for what it isnt. It is a good football game that represents football as well as any. I can find just as many impressions thread bashing 2k and their game as madden and this years game, it all comes down to what you want. So there, rant over.....have fun with whatever you choose. In the end, if you want a true sim, go out and join your school team, or if your 25+, get a dream and join yourlocal semi pro league.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
I have enjoyed 09. You have to understand that not everyone is gonna agree on the same thing. Also understand that there are more negative minded folks out there than positive. For every negative post you see here, there are about 3-4 postitve ones that dont get posted. I have enjoyed this years madden and still do. Is there flaws, you bet. I think the biggest one is just presentation and atmosphere. But it is what it is and a good football game. I really dont think getting 08 would be all that different. I know with my rosters that I did, I dont really have robo QB and everyone looks and feels like their counterpart. And yes I have played 2k5. Its old and outdated for me. It does feel and play like football, but it just feels outdated. Thats just my opinion. Take it for what its worth. Just prepare yourself for the negative posts that will come after this one. Just remeber this when deciding what game you want: Not every game is perfect, especially a game that the management was removed during the proccess of development. So yes 09 has flaws, but play the game for what it is and dont complain for what it isnt. It is a good football game that represents football as well as any. I can find just as many impressions thread bashing 2k and their game as madden and this years game, it all comes down to what you want. So there, rant over.....have fun with whatever you choose. In the end, if you want a true sim, go out and join your school team, or if your 25+, get a dream and join yourlocal semi pro league.

08 would save him like 50 bucks.

Not everyone can afford 60 bucks for a basic football game. Which is what 09 is.

Franchise is terrible with a capital T to the Errible.

Superstar? u gotta be kidding.

Yea, its halfway through the season.

get 08 used.

Do it.

if you buy 09 do NOT get it new.

Rent it, if u prove me wrong and actually like it. I will buy you, no lie, ALL PRO FOOTBALL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
08 would save him like 50 bucks.

Not everyone can afford 60 bucks for a basic football game. Which is what 09 is.

Franchise is terrible with a capital T to the Errible.

Superstar? u gotta be kidding.

Yea, its halfway through the season.

get 08 used.

Do it.

if you buy 09 do NOT get it new.

Rent it, if u prove me wrong and actually like it. I will buy you, no lie, ALL PRO FOOTBALL
Madden 09 is not that bad, i still enjoy it.

But I play Online, If Franchise is your #1 Priority, get Last gen madden. Personally, i had a hard time going back to last gen because of the Load Times... I still have fun with the Gameplay on the 360 but its the Franchise that keeps me away...
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
I can agree with many things you wrote, but what I put in bold just is not true. Madden 09 does NOT represent football as well as any. Madden 04/05 and NFL 2k5 'represent football" MUCH better IMO.

Also, you CAN update rosters/schedules/rating in 2k5 and basically have a "current" game. And with it's amazing number of sliders (which actually DO something) you can make it play pretty darn well. Plus, it's .99 as opposed to 60 bucks for 09.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Have you given 09 a shot yet? I don't think everyone has said it's bad - it has it's flaws that have made many people unhappy, but it definitely has way more redeeming qualities than 08.
yes i have and its not horrible but its just not fun and i hate the presentation (cut scenes,hammond, no cpu sliders etc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »