Home

I believe I know how to make Madden 2010 better

This is a discussion on I believe I know how to make Madden 2010 better within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I believe I know how to make Madden 2010 better

thing is though is that this thread was pretty much created just to slam or take cheapshots at the Madden development team. There are plenty of other threads in whch to offer up suggestions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #34
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
Yes do that, you may get a good game within the next 20 years.

Well it's been fun shutting you guys down. Gotta get back to the better game. Later. Oh, and Ian, keep up the bad work! Thanks.
Leave it to a worthless part of society that just joined a month ago to come in shooting off his mouth and adding absolutely zero constructive feedback. Thank god we only have to hear from kids like this on weekends when schools out. This troll will be back in his 6th grade homeroom in a day so we can go another solid week without listening to garbage. Go away if you have nothing to offer.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
1. Let the guys at Visual Concepts make it. You know, the All Pro Football guys. Ok, not happening.

2. If we gotta keep it in houes, let the guys at EA Canada do it. Look what they've done with NHL09 and FIFA 09. They have had stiff competition, and they've taken those games from arcade messes to dominant. Just think what they could do for the sport of American football. No more Tiburon.

Watcha think?

Go put this on and sit in a corner.. we are giving Madden 2010 a chance regardless of what you think. I think most of us have high hopes (including myself) for next years Madden with the recent changes at Tiburon development team and how some of the dev's are reading our input, suggestions,etc ..im actually quite excited for madden 2010 honestly. I think we are gonna see a much improved and more exciting football game that sports some life, atmosphere and real presentation finally...and of course a refined gameplay engine

Quote:
Well you and your team should be fired. Try fixing the major bugs that actually need fixed. Like when the players slide, yes slide, 8 feet to the side of them to get a catch instead of it being overthrown. Or like the video on youtube that had a whole team guard 1 receiver, yes I said the WHOLE TEAM, and the guy still easily catching the ball. That is what I am talking about.

Maybe you should play ESPN NFL 2K5 and see how a great football game should be made.
EDIT... You as well..go put the hat on and sit on the corner.

This clown needs to be banned..cant believe how this guy gets away with this total disrespect then i see others get hammered for things far far far less, simply amazing guys..lol

Last edited by Moegames; 11-09-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden would play a good game of football if the defense wasn't so slow witted. I can constantly mis-match my fastest wide out with a line backer in a man coverage. The defense never adjust. I can blow out the CPU on the toughest settings running only three plays. I gave up on Madden after 05 because of this. Tried again in 09 only to find the same issue.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:32 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Hmmm - that seems to be kind of an unfair statement. There were a massive amount of MAJOR bugs fixed from 08 to 09, along with a total re-write of the tackling and running systems (or 'engines' as you call them). I'm not going to say Madden 09 is perfect by any stretch, but I can't agree with you that the team didn't work on fixing bugs.
Ian - you know I love your enthusiasm and what-not - but why is Madden 09 less fun and realistic than Madden 08?
I respect that you guys tried to iron out some bugs ... but honestly I played Madden 08 a ton and rarely even touch Madden 09.
It's so sad.
I am not a 2k fanboy ... I don't care who makes the game, I just wanna have fun when I'm playing it ... but my entire online crew disappeared this year, despite 60 fps on the ps3.

CPU playcalling is so whack on Madden that I stopped my weekly sim games with Philly's opponent for the particular week - and I own PS3 and 360 Maddens (for online purposes).

I don't know who attends your community events, but you either need to change that entire crew or change how you run those.
I know it made a difference with NCAA 09 Basketball.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:

Well it's been fun shutting you guys down. Gotta get back to the better game. Later. Oh, and Ian, keep up the bad work! Thanks.
Wow.
That helped the thread.

Some of you knuckleheads will never get it.

Constructive criticism is awesome and absolutely necessary.

The kind of comment you posted serves no use whatsoever.

If you hate Madden football, state your case. Don't be an a--hole.

Sidenote: I weep for the future.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #39
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwired21
I will never agree that 2K5 was a great game. If it was they would still be making them because more people would have put their money into it and Madden would be out of business. Seriously, I dont understand why people keep bringing that game up. That was 4 YEARS AGO! Its over. Oh yeah, the North won too in the Civil War. Just in case no one knew.
Yep....that's why the 2k series died....not enough support.

I suggest you look into the 2k forums if you don't know why people still enjoy 2k5. As far as the "why keep bringing it up"....it's because 2k5 did alot of things better in regards to interaction on a lesser console.

I'll admit...2k5 had it's flaws as well,but in comparison to Madden,the interaction (ol/dl,qb pocket,no suction tackling..) is still superior to what Madden has produced to date.
Will Madden 2010 improve in these areas? who knows at this point,but it's pretty sad when one has to wait till the 5th version to get what was available 5 yeas ago.

Also if you throw in the presentation aspect....not to mention the ability to pick WHAT you want to challenge....the injury animations,the anticipation in wondering what the injury was...Madden really has a long way to go to really immerse the gamer into the NFL experience.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:

Hey, thanks for giving us 2K fans a bad name. Appreciate it!

*(Doesn't speak for all of us!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »