Home

Setting some early expectations

This is a discussion on Setting some early expectations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Setting some early expectations

Speaking of functionality here is another thing I want, taken from All Pro Football BUT expanded just a bit. In All Pro, instead of just blitzing someone straight down, you can, blitz them down, left and right. The only problem in the game was left and right didn't focus on gaps. Take that and make it gap specific and we are in business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 21

DB to receiver assignment, like last gen but without causing players to get way out of position.

Ability to back up secondary to the first down line, kinda like smart routes on offense.

Ability press and backup CBs independantly from my Safeties.

Adjustment to have defenders line up directly over their player in man coverage.

Adjustment to have defenders stay in default position regardless of offensive formation, wasn't this called 'man lock' in last gen?

Strafe enabled on every gameplay level.

After adjusting my safeties to shade to the outside in a cover 2, I'd like to then be able to houte route my MLB into a straight deep zone, instead of it also being auto shaded towards the sideline.

Hit stick shouldn't create any animation if ball carrier isn't near, I've blown coverages trying to run or pass commit by hitsticking instead.

Pressing R1 and Up would spread out LBs some, pressing it again would spread them even further. Same two step adjustments avail with O Line. Pressing R1/L1 then Left and Right twice could enable the stunts, twists, etc..

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 11-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Brother I need my line stunts whether it is tiered play calling or not. So if you guys can't give me tiered play calling can we at least have Twist, Twist Right, Loop, Mix as additional line stunt calls on the fly in addition to crash right left, fan, all in? I gotta have them man. That's really the functionality we need. So if it isn't in pre-play menu at least have it on the field. We need more line stunts. And of course the players need to perform them better.
Thanks - this is the kind of info I was looking for. I can look into this - much easier than re-writing all our plays.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 10

HitStick ( since we're on functionality)

This thing is way too gimmicky as is. . . there needs to be some laws of physics to govern it and keep it realistic in terms of the power of the hits. In All-Pro there was the charge system that was basically a representation of momentum and i would love it if Madden had a similar or at least comparable system.

Defensive Hot Routes

As many others have said there needs to be more options, and i think the resurrection of the 'last gen' pre-play adjustments,the addition of the use of the 'diagonal' direction and R3 would allow for more options.

Diagonal-down could also be used to add variation to the direction of the blitzes.

Last edited by StonesRunIt; 11-09-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #29
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Would it be too difficult to just take the plays you have right now and add a bunch of different DLine twists and stunts? So if you have Cover 2, instead of just having one option for the DLine, just create 3 or 4 more Cover 2 plays with different Line combos. Or is that just as costly as the tier system?
Old 11-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Could we get specific DB assignments? I'm sick of my opponent choosing a simple twins WR Strong I formation and it tricking my safety into covering a WR one on one. It'd be nice if I could set it so my #1 corner always lines up on my opponent's #1 WR in man coverage.
And not just DBs on WRs! If Westbrook is eating me alive, let me spy him all game with Laron Landry. Or London Fletcher. Or Shawn Springs. Anyone man up on Anyone.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly I would love to see big physical defensive lineman like Kris Jenkins require a double team or have him plow over a lonely lineman. This way the 3-4 can work as its designed..big lineman who require two people to block..linebackers running free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Could we get back the man/zone defensive alignment that we had on PS2? Therefore I can make my team show zone covergae when they are in man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »