Home

Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010

This is a discussion on Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: Physics Suggestions for Madden 2010

Not only that EA needs to fix the ridiculous stiff arms.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I really want those stutters you can pull off this year to actually juke the AI.

As it is now they run right threw you and and even if you do get them leaning one way Ive seen them far too many times recovering unrealistically fast to cut off the angle

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

i think they need to tone down the hit stick. i mean not every little phuny corner should be able to lay a big hit on a star running back. it should be reserved for the actual true to life big hitters of today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

BUMP
Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #13
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
i think they need to tone down the hit stick. i mean not every little phuny corner should be able to lay a big hit on a star running back. it should be reserved for the actual true to life big hitters of today.
agreed.. momentum needs to take its place for the hit stick too... or just get rid of it... If you are running really fast into a ballcarrier that isnt moving that fast you should hit him REALLY hard... and the "big hitters" would hit them that much harder...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I believe adding better, more realistic footwork(plants, prep steps before changes in direction, ect) would solve several issues.
  • We wouldn't have to use the jukes as much. Most moves by backs are cuts, not jukes. Even bigger backs plant & change direction on a regular basis, not necessarily juking.
My thoughts exactly...playing RB revlovles around cuts and movements if you watch an entire game with a player like Lendale White or Larry Johnson they hardly ever actually truck someone thats a rarity...they get yards by falling foward, dragging people, and yes cutting and juking.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
I think finesse RB's should not be able to truck much at all, and power RB's shouldn't be able to juke and spin very good, and it should reflect it in the way they move. Like when a power RB spins it should be a little slower than a finesse RB, and finesse RB's should not be able to stiff arm Defensive Linemen. The D-Line A.I needs tweaked so finesse RB's dont rely so heavily on trucking and stiff arms when they run up the middle.

I don't think they can change individual RB's styles though. I'm sure something like that would take a while.

Yea Marion Barber is better at Juking than at Running anyone over in Madden 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I believe adding better, more realistic footwork(plants, prep steps before changes in direction, ect) would solve several issues.
  • We wouldn't have to use the jukes as much. Most moves by backs are cuts, not jukes. Even bigger backs plant & change direction on a regular basis, not necessarily juking.
  • Quickness ratings would matter that much more. Quicker backs would need less prep steps to juke. Not as quick backs would need more. Quicker backs would accelerate quicker after changing direction. Not as quick backs would be slower out of cuts.
  • Apex's suggestions, all good ones, would be that much easier to implement.
  • The game would just look & feel more organic. The uber sensitive contols ruin the game and probably force EA to compensate in other areas.

As long as they don't categorize backs as one or the other. Some, like Peterson, are both finesse & power.
That's a great idea. If EA was to make players react to their ratings like you said, then that would eliminate speed as being the main factor in how a player respond in the game. They also need to do something about a player reaching top speed almost instantly by tapping the sprint button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »