Home

Tips On Returning Kicks

This is a discussion on Tips On Returning Kicks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Tips On Returning Kicks

I'm just wondering what y'all do that u have success with when returning kicks because i usually can only return it to about the 25-30 yard line and I still haven't had a single special teams TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Tips On Returning Kicks

I could never even make it to 50 yard line. I'm definitely having trouble as well.

I've seen some videos of veteran madden players who goes sideways jigging and jagging just crazy, and somehow ends up in the endzone about 1 minute later.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually try to follow your blocks. Read the field. I return for my team and I returned one for a TD. I can remember I ran up field looked from left to right and found a hole to the right I think. I got to it and went up the sideline for a touchdown.

So what I'm saying is, when your going up field actually hit the holes. It's just an wider version of a running play. It won't make you return it to the house every single time but it will improve your average greatly. I average about 30 yards per return on kickoffs.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

I start out following my blockers for the first 10-15 yards, running at normal speed. As soon as I see a little opening, I hit the boost and head for the gap. It's also important to make a move (I usually spin) to try to get through the first wave of tackers.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodThirsty24
Actually try to follow your blocks. Read the field. I return for my team and I returned one for a TD. I can remember I ran up field looked from left to right and found a hole to the right I think. I got to it and went up the sideline for a touchdown.

So what I'm saying is, when your going up field actually hit the holes. It's just an wider version of a running play. It won't make you return it to the house every single time but it will improve your average greatly. I average about 30 yards per return on kickoffs.
yeah i try to follow the blockers but the guys trying to tackle me always do that swim move where the blockers dont even really slow them down at all and then i have no where to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Your return man needs to be at least a 97 speed because the defense special teams is given a slight speed boost and to hit the holes then you need to be fast.

I'd say I return about one a week or so, you have to get a lucky block. That's it. A pancake + engaging in another defender is what opens the holes for touchdowns or long returns.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »