Home

Madden 20-10: Number of Animations

This is a discussion on Madden 20-10: Number of Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #57
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 20-10: Number of Animations

The thing with animation is that we will keep complaining until we get a real physics based system that does it all. But since that hasn't been announced yet for Madden, i would hope for 10 they work on more QB animations. I want to see the QB make more dazzling throws. I want to see myself passing that ball and expected a hard a** hit by a linebacker.

As of right now, i'm in love with 09, since i didn't pick up 08 i see a big improvment over 07 which is great. The animation system they have truly is a refreshing system compared to 07 again.

I mentioned this before, but the animations in Madden have to be extended a bit. Too many times a player will go down or the play will end before another defender can get onto the tackle.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 28

See I agree. Is it perfect, heck no. But is it solid yea. Maybe because of what I did witht he rosters and how I play. The only real gripe I have with 09 is I feel the commentary and atmosphere stinks and it need a lot more animations. The ESPN needs to be utilized a heck of a lot more. I think the rest is just fine. Then again, I have been playing madden for years. The new management has me excited about the new madden. But I still enjoy 09. I play it constantley. I do hate the madden IQ though. The human'CPU sliders def need a comeback. I dont think even if done right the madden IQ is a good thing. Thats just me though.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

Pressure nullifies a throw down the field. This is where some people would want to challenge. did his arm go forward or was it a fumble?
Love this picture and would like to see more QB's have their throws deflected/batted as it would give DL and LB's more opportunities for interceptions.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #60
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

LBzrule, we need Stiff Arm animations.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 10

Ok, well LBZ has taken this thread to another level, so i dont think its quite necessary for me to list the exact things i want in because that would be repetitive beyond insisting, and just being redundant. Instead I'll just be general.

I would like to say that the game ( football) is constant a stuggle and that it needs to be relayed as one. The grabbing and pulling, the pushing the shoving, all done with ferocity and intent.

There needs to be MUCH more falling/slipping in and out of cuts/jukes and after the catch which would place a new weight on the 'agility' attribute and realism.

Everything needs to have transition animations, it helps makes the moves more believable and cohesive.

Madden 20-10 needs to have more extensive foot planting and momentum animations for the defense as well as the offense because i don't feel as if there is enough weight behind the players making the wrong move ( mostly on defense).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Let me just say something here. And this is about "that other game." The more I think about it I think there is one reason why alot of people on this board say it was better. Now when we look at A.I both had their issues, but there was/still is one area other than presentation, where 2k mopped the floor with EA and they are still trying to catch up and it's what this thread is about animations. Some might not want to hear it, but that's where 2k clearly Mike Tysoned (in his prime of course, you know before Buster) EA. I just popped in All Pro tonight and I DID see a three player tackle TWICE while in practice mode for 3 hours. But I saw so many other things. Some of the things I saw are in these pictures Anyways we'll have to get the stiff arms going in a sec.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 16

Sideline interaction and animations would be great.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Stiff Arm

Marion Barber

I think stiff arms should vary based on position of offensive player and defender. Notice this one. The defender has Barber here, but gets stiff armed. Now what would be cool in the game is if Barber stiff arms and the defender rather than throwing up his arms and hands like he is at a revival meeting and falling on the ground, Barber actually keeps running and the defender hangs on and slows him down. Ratings can play a big role, but when an animation like this occurs this is where human players need to have control over the animation outcome.

People might not like the tapping that 2k had but I think here is an area where it is needed. The person on defense taps faster and you get a defensive win animation where the back while he is still running with the stiff arm, the defender ends up wrenching him down to the ground. But if the person on offense wins, then that's when the back gets rid of the defender and accelerates. The tapping gets us involved here and let's us determine the outcome.

Now here is another one from a different angle. This time the defender is head on. And the stiff arm is head on. Nobody has really done this one right yet. So we should be able to stiff arm left and right, but also head up. When a back breaks down and has a defender square in front of him, sometimes he does not attempt to juke, sometimes he throws a stiff arm head on.

Then of course there is a clear overmatch in terms of strength of the back, stiff arm rating vs tackle rating and strength of the defender and hence you get the above. No struggle at all, just slapped to the damn ground.

Btw, look at the way this guy changes directions. Man, it's sorta depressing the amount of animation work EA needs to do

We can pretty much see here that Williams is about to get slapped down. Doesnt get any hands out on him and grab anything before that arm is extended.

Here is where the mechanic might come into play, but Bennett is easily out muscled here. Most likely should go down.

Here Beast Mode Lynch stiff arms Joey Porter, but if I remember right, he doesn't get rid of him, his stiff arm however does allow him to keep his legs moving for some extra yards.

LT stiff arms this mans helmet off, and is gone. This would be cool to see every blue moon.

Sanders is kept at bay and gets smoked by Willis.

Now Bruschi saves himself a little embarrassment. He grabs on.

Now he's embarrassed. But, while Willis breaks out, his leg drive and momentum comes to a halt and he will have to pick it back up again.

Same here. Jackson is stiff armed to the dirt, but completely slows the leg drive and momentum.

Now here is another one. EA needs to pay careful attention to this. Here is where the chaining of moves comes in. Willis breaks down here. He turns his body in a semi spin position, then he sorta slaps Jason Taylor across the head in an attempt to throw him out of the way. This is not a stiff arm proper but a jab.

Ok I'm gonna stop. It's really depressing. Way too much animation work for them to complete in one year.

Last edited by LBzrule; 11-18-2008 at 10:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »