Home

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #81
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
Gameplay and A.I are definitely better in 2K5.
sweet, I never said it wasnt, but thats more of a opinion. I personally didn't like the gameplay of 2k5, which is why i never played APF. But I was speaking generally, some 2k games have better AI and Gameplay, some EA titles have the edge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 12

Well when comparing the 2 FOOTBALL games, since this is a FOOTBALL board, as of now, 2K5's Gameplay and A.I is better than Madden. The animations are much more smooth and realistic, the presentation is way better, The A.I, well is a no brainer, the players are just much more smarter in 2K5 and play much better defense. Madden has those pretty graphics. (Next-Gen does anyway, Madden on PS2 and XBOX still cant touch 2K5.)

Those are facts, not opinions.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #83
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

Quote:
Well when comparing the 2 FOOTBALL games, since this is a FOOTBALL board, as of now, 2K5's Gameplay and A.I is better than Madden. The animations are much more smooth and realistic, the presentation is way better, The A.I, well is a no brainer, the players are just much more smarter in 2K5 and play much better defense. Madden has those pretty graphics. (Next-Gen does anyway, Madden on PS2 and XBOX still cant touch 2K5.)

Dude, You are arguing a opinion. Gameplay is a Opinion. I preferred the Gameplay of madden over 2k5, That is a fact. And considering Madden outsold 2k5 by a huge margin, i would assume more people would agree with me than with you.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #84
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

lol...here we go again...

I actually think you're at least partially wrong on the AI and gameplay. There are aspects of 2K5's AI and game play that are far superior from a technical standpoint. There are some that are very bad...DB's, dropped passes, pursuit, etc. The game was far from perfect. What I will agree on, is that it's easier to get a variety of desired results with sliders than Madden (Even more so now thanks to Finn's editor, of course). IMO, 2K5 is better than Madden in many ways BUT...

It's my opinion. Aside from some technical things (which both Madden 05 and 2K5 had pros and cons...though 2K seemed to have more pros, I agree) you can't definitely say which one was better for gameplay on a general level. It IS an opinion as far as whether or not you enjoyed it. As far as I saw, the guy just said he preferred Madden 05's gameplay. He's not wrong...it's his preference. I don't think gameplay and AI were definitely better in 2K5 than Madden accross the board.

Also, for reference:

"Presentation is much deeper" =fact.
"Presentation is way better"= opinion.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled brand war

While overall I agree with your opinion, I just don't understand what you're trying to prove? People will likely never agree 100% on which game is better.

...and I hope you realize I'm not saying this to be an a$$. I just don't understand, is all
Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 27

Call me old, but for me, I think the best Madden's ever were in the late 80's and throughout the 90's. You were always waiting each season for that new wrinkle and EA always delivered. I can remember going from the IBM and C64 Madden to the Genesis and then to 3DO (the 3DO version is a lost gem). Gameday kicked that butt good for a few seasons on PS1, but they eventually got their legs back and came strong with 97 and 98 (with, yes, PRESENTATION being the big selling point) and I even enjoyed 99. Don't even get me started on Madden 64... I played that game to death!

But after NFL 2K dropped in 99, I just never looked at Madden the same anymore, because I started to see that Madden wasn't growing with me and unfortunately you sometimes don't even realize things like that until you have something new show you. Even then I could see EA was going in the wrong direction with some things and I started drifting away from Madden.

You look at Madden 98 and you see fantastic presentation, even better than what we have today in a lot of spots in Madden. It's almost as if EA went from trying everything they could to present this game like a real TV broadcast, to doing everything they could to get away from it. You just wonder who the heck thought it was the right idea?

Sure, some Madden's last gen had some at least respectable presentation elements, but think about how much more it could've been even then had they focused on it more seriously.

The point I'm making is that this going away from a strong broadcast focus happened many years ago. They have some guys in charge now who say they understand that and want to fix it, and I believe them. Now we just gotta see it happen Aug 11th, 2009.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #86
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:

That's an opinion and has nothing to do with presentation. Stick to the topic.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #87
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

Getting back to the Presentation aspect, I have to go back to NFl 2k5 because they did nail the Pre-game,Halftime, Post game, and Weekly wrap up shows. Even for the Super Bowl they made it better than a Regular season show. You really have to give props to 2K because they nailed the shows, I cant think of another game that does it so well. And they did this all on ps2/xbox yet no one has touched it on the next generation system.

Ill Post some Youtube videos so everyone can see what im talking about if you never played 2k5.

Notice how Chris Berman is actually talking about Relevant stats. Everything in that show is perfect. That actually sounds like a real Half time show. I would be amazed if Madden or any other game could replicate this.

I dont care if voice and the lips are off. it is still cool as hell.

Same as the Half time show, Downright awesome. With every replay they show, there is relevant and Smart commentary to go with it.

Coming it at over 5 minutes, This wrap up show is Awesome.

You really had to admire what NFl 2k5 did here, I hate to say it but madden has not even come close to anything like this. Im not sure if you can improve on what 2k5 did but just emulating it would make Madden 2010 the best football game ever.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #88
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

To me I'd honestly like to have the imported draft class go back to the way it was on the last gen systems. It's too unpredictable on the next gen systems. It's no longer fun to me.

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »