Home

Well it seems Madden is improving in some places, but

This is a discussion on Well it seems Madden is improving in some places, but within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Well it seems Madden is improving in some places, but

MAKE BLOCKING ON SPECIAL TEAMS BETTER. The blocking is horrible.

When I have Hester who is a 100 speed, 99 agility, and can make great cuts. He shouldn't be able to get caught from the back my a DT on Special teams.

Improve blocking because everytime they block, once you hit the hole, the blocker lets go of his block and you get tackled. This shouldn't happen. Madden for the old gens had it good but next gen ruined it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Definitely if you want to post all the special teams formation examples you want to see, that would be great.

Franchise is a whole different beast...we're working on a plan to get Donny over here more regularly. Again we really can't talk about stuff until around the Super Bowl anyway so there's not much that can be said.
How come yall cant release any real info until the super bowl. You guys have the only football game. No one can make anything and you guys have the nfl license so its not like anyone is goin to take yall's idea. I could see if 2k was making all pro again or backbreaker was actually gonna release something but no one is. Is this like a tradition thing with madden or what?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 11

It has something to do with the marketing department.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #12
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I would like to see this in 2010:

1. Squib kick

2. Sneak Onside kick ( SINGLE PLAYER ONLY!)

3. better blocking on Kickoffs and punts( its annoying that there are no big hit blocks or when a Defensive player slides off to make the tackle...)
Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

I just thought up of a decent idea for a new kicking system that is much more involved. Instead of the meter, you would use the analog sticks(both of them)

You have to hold the left analog stick to begin the forward movement(on kick off's, the kicker would hold his hand up signalling that he's ready) then while holding the left stick forward, you'd have to flick the right analog stick forward as hard as possible to get a strong kick off. For lefty kickers, flip it.

Punting could be the same way except the timing on the forward movement and kick stick(left or right stick depending on what the kicker is) could be different.

All those additional formations that Bezo named would be great too.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
How come yall cant release any real info until the super bowl. You guys have the only football game. No one can make anything and you guys have the nfl license so its not like anyone is goin to take yall's idea. I could see if 2k was making all pro again or backbreaker was actually gonna release something but no one is. Is this like a tradition thing with madden or what?
I think its for several reasons..

#1 Don't want to step on Madden '09 basically. The game is still in its season.

#2 Marketing

#3 They may not have a full grasp on what it is exactly they want to do or what exactly they can do based on several variables. The last thing they, and I would think we as consumers as well, is have them "promise" something that can't be done. I would think that around Super Bowl they would have a firmer grasp on what exactly will be in next year's game and what won't be.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
FG Block: Stack middle(for the push up the middle seen so often in the NFL), overload left, overload right, safe & return.

Punt Block: Double both gunners, double left gunner single right gunner, double right single left, single both, 10 up stack middle, 10 up overload right, 10 up overload left. And we need return right, return middle, return left & all out try for block from all formations.

Kick Return: One deep, 2 deep & onside. And we need return left, return right, return middle, reverse & lateral(a la Music City Miracle).

Kick Off: Add the Indy "formation" where they start the kick-off almost from the huddle. But what's more important is the ability to seperate the personnel from the formation & kick. We need to be able to call normal & hands personnel. We need to be able to line up normal or for the onside. And we need to be able to kick deep, squib & onside from both formations. Not all onside kicks come from those overloaded formations. It's rare, but we also need to be able to line up for an onside but kick deep or squib. And fix the onsides plays so there are players that look to block & 1 or 2 that look for the ball.

FG: More fakes... passes to both sides, shuffle pass to wing back and/or TE going both ways, flip to the kicker going both ways.

Punt: More fakes... direct snap, passes both ways, runs both ways.

And get rid of the meter. It could be something as simple as how NBA 2K does freethrows. Pull back on the stick to get the kicker started, push up & aim the stick for the kick. I believe removing the meter would add some fun to kicking. Timing a meter is boring & uninvolved. A more involved method could allow for mistakes folks don't want to be random. Graphics & animations are good enough to remove meters at this point any way.

All you need to know about what we want out of special teams. Great Post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would think that around Super Bowl they would have a firmer grasp on what exactly will be in next year's game and what won't be.
This is the impression that I got from Ian quite a while back. Unless I'm mistaken...as stated above, this is pretty much what Ian had said. That a fairly good amount of info would be released around Super Bowl time. Giving us a good idea of whats possible...and what isn't for the 2010 game.

However...Phil seemed to give off a different impression. Phil had said recently...that the plan was to release a screen shot of some type...[I'm guessing of referees and chain gang] and possible discussion of a feature. Again...maybe I'm misunderstanding what was said...but it seemed to me that Ian and Phil weren't exactly on the same page, as far as type... and amount of info to be released at SB time.

No "Grassy knoll" theory here guys...but just something I noticed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »