Home

2010 In Game Milestones: Sweet Idea!

This is a discussion on 2010 In Game Milestones: Sweet Idea! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
2010 In Game Milestones: Sweet Idea!

A new feature: In Game Milestones

Your playing Madden, your DE gets his 8th sack of the game. The commentators break the news that you're the new record holder for sacks in a single game, and tell you who the previous record holder was, when he set the record, and what team he did it against. The jumbotron flashes your new record as the stadium announcer announces it to the crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2010 In Game Milestones: Sweet Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
A new feature: In Game Milestones

Your playing Madden, your DE gets his 8th sack of the game. The commentators break the news that you're the new record holder for sacks in a single game, and tell you who the previous record holder was, when he set the record, and what team he did it against. The jumbotron flashes your new record as the stadium announcer announces it to the crowd.
I like it but let me expand on that idea! When the milestone is hit the game cuts to a sportscenter like broadcast and shows the replay while flashing the prior holder of the record. If the computer hits one do the same, interrupt your game to show a highlight with the record on display. Yours of course has the better chance I would say unless they add in highlights this year. Good stuff!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

NFL FEVER series for the the xbox did this EXTREMELY well. Cut scenes after the record was broken and commentary about it.

I would love for stuff like this to be added to Madden.

Last edited by kmart2180; 11-25-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
NFL FEVER series for the the xbox did this EXTREMELY well. Cut scenes after the record was broken and comentary about it.

I would love for styff like this to be added to Madden.
NFL Fever had a couple things that really no other football game has ever done that were very cool. They would have a room or a place to go where you could re-visit every SuperBowl and look at the stats of the game and even see who the MVP was for that game. It also tracked the number of SB Rings each player had.

The second thing they did that was off the hook that needs to be done again is.....TOWELS!!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

I love the fact that they had Tackles as a record that you could break cause me and my 2 uncles and a brother in law all played on the same team and we used to compete to see who could put up the higher number. 1 week I would get 16 and then break the record and then someone would get 17 ect.....I ended up keeping it with a 24 tackle game as a SS @ the colts. See its nust that I remeber stuff from a game 5 years ago but I couldnt tell u 1 good memory from the last 4 Maddens. Which is really sad!

Back to NFL Fever, it has still to this day the best stats/records/jersey retires/HOF players/ SB Mvps ect.... In those departments its still ahead of its times compared to any other football game.

I loved the fact that it kept tackles for game/season/career as a records you could break. It makes playing more fun when u have a goal to break.

The handtowels were cool and the snow foot prints were cool also.

Last edited by kmart2180; 11-25-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Milestones? 2k5 did that 4 years ago.....
Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Milestones? 2k5 did that 4 years ago.....
Cute comment...but wrong...at least for what the OP's talking about. If you look at it that way, the Madden also did it, and still references records in the current game as well (as does NCAA, which does it better, IMO). He's talking about taking it a step further however, with the depth of the commentary and presentation, which hasn't been done to that level by anyone yet.

Anyway, to add...I'd like to see the guy tucking the record breaking game ball (where applicable) away for safe keeping. Also, have some commentary for post record breaking numbers. For example, if you break the record for receptions and pile up 3 or 4 after the fact, have the announcer say something to the effect of "and he just keeps adding onto that record today!" "Yeah, Tom...I guess he wants to make sure he holds onto it for awhile." (they chuckle and get bakc to the game).

Of course, that branches into my desire for more fluid commentary, but that's another topic entirely
Old 11-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Cute comment...but wrong...at least for what the OP's talking about.
In 2k5, when you were about to break a record...the announcers talked about it, you got a screen that popped up that showing the old old one. Then when you broke it, the announcers again talked about how so and so just broke the record and how amazing it is...yada yada yada. Then you were treated to a little pop up animation showing it.

That's pretty much the same thing the OP said apart from jumbo tron animations.

As for adding into Madden? Well duh, it should have been in there years ago along with 2k5's pre,half and post game shows, presentation...etc.

The fact that they haven't added any of those great features already puts doubt in my mind that they ever will. I hope I'm wrong though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »