Home

2010- Accessories R Us

This is a discussion on 2010- Accessories R Us within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
2010- Accessories R Us

Every year Madden comes out and I am a little let down by the lack of player accessories made available to us. First off I am all for making gameplay better before we add the smaller details but Ian himself has said this game is going to be work in progress for years to come. With that being said I think it is fair to say that they will always be working on gameplay. So instead of the small details getting pushed to the backburner like usual, I would very much welcome a new list of player accessories to liven up our players on gameday. Its been a long time coming and why not blow it out 2010. I happen to believe that a well done list will take the realism of Madden farther than some people give credit for.

1. Helmets & facmasks- currently I think we get a good range but I think there a couple missing. (LT's facemask) While on topic lets see some chin straps un-done pre play or players fiddling with them throught the game.

2. Towels, handwarmers etc..- Lets see towels period! if you want em, you gotem. Handwarmers- Cold weather game this is a must. Also put in those QB jerseys that have the slits to put their hands into.

3. Cold weather gear- Lets see players wearing that Darryl Talley under armor type gear that goes up over the players head in cold weather games. We often time see players take of their helmets to see them wearing these or turtlenecks to keep from freezing their a##s off. Caps & Jackets- Lets see players on sidlines wearing team stocking caps in cold weather and long team overcoats wraped around players (Remember the Vikings purple overcoats they would wear on the sidelines in cold weather).

4. Shoes- Well I think we all agree we need a little bit more variety here. There needs to be all kinds of different brands for the shoes. Teams are specific with what they wear but they have different sets for all different surfaces they play on. They also have different color schemes depending on where they are playing and what unis they are wearing.

5. Socks- Give us the option to have them pulled up. Adrian Peterson has his whits pulled up to his knees on the road. Looks killer. Fred Smoot alway has his pulled up and its looks damn cool.

Again I will say that gameplay is obviously first and foremost but it should be that way every year so it would be nice to see Ian and company release the game with the most accessories any football game has seen to date. NBA 2k puts a ton into this and it really shows on screen as you sometimes think your looking at a real game. Accessories are a big part of football as they give our players personality, they matter!

Post some accessories or things players wear on Sunday that you love to see and add to the list. Thanks for reading guys! Just trying to help to movement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 2010- Accessories R Us

- Black under the eyes
- DNA face masks
- Color options for everything
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

It's a shame that across several Madden msg boards, you have to preface your opinions by admitting that gameplay comes first. To me, the small details have their role as well. We shouldn't always have to say that gameplay is most important: it goes without having to be said. But I guess if you don't say that, some wise guy will take pride in repeating, "Gameplay comes first, let's not worry about the little stuff."

With that said, I couldn't agree more.

I think it's absolutely crazy that we do not have mouthpieces in a football game. Marion Barber is not Marion Barber w/out his mouthpiece. That's the most important accessory to me that's still missing. Additionally, I think it is about time that we see towels and handwarmers. Why not? They looked awful in NFL Fever but I could still appreciate the effort, you know?

You know what else I thought about the other day? How about injury accessories? For instance, if you have a player coming back from a knee injury, maybe he'll have a brace on his leg. Or if a player is suffering from bruised ribs, we can partially see some extra padding there. That's just something I wanted to throw out there.

While on the subject of detail, I can't understand why there is not more diversity in hair. Yes, I said it: HAIR. It's crazy when you pop in NBA 2k9 and you see so much personalization in this area: Rasheed Wallace's bald spot, Joakim Noah's ponytail, Iverson's braid design (which is different than some of the other cornrows), etc. Now obviously, players have helmets so you can't see as much in the NFL. But I can tell you that Marion Barber doesn't wear his dreads like Al Harris or Rashean Mathis does. Why don't we get these detailed effects in Madden?
Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

T O W E L S
Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

LOL! I was about to make this exact same thread and post pretty much all the options you listed. BUT, I think the first thing Madden need to put in is LOOSE HANGING QB SLEEVES. I dont know what the exact name is, but they're the sleeves Romo, Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, and countless other Qb's sport. It would be great if someone can post a picture. I cant get into playing with the Boys, because Im so used to seeing romo in his oversized T-shirt.

also forearm wrsitbands ala romo and skinny hip towels like Reggie Bush wears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
It's a shame that across several Madden msg boards, you have to preface your opinions by admitting that gameplay comes first. To me, the small details have their role as well. We shouldn't always have to say that gameplay is most important: it goes without having to be said. But I guess if you don't say that, some wise guy will take pride in repeating, "Gameplay comes first, let's not worry about the little stuff."

With that said, I couldn't agree more.

I think it's absolutely crazy that we do not have mouthpieces in a football game. Marion Barber is not Marion Barber w/out his mouthpiece. That's the most important accessory to me that's still missing. Additionally, I think it is about time that we see towels and handwarmers. Why not? They looked awful in NFL Fever but I could still appreciate the effort, you know?

You know what else I thought about the other day? How about injury accessories? For instance, if you have a player coming back from a knee injury, maybe he'll have a brace on his leg. Or if a player is suffering from bruised ribs, we can partially see some extra padding there. That's just something I wanted to throw out there.

While on the subject of detail, I can't understand why there is not more diversity in hair. Yes, I said it: HAIR. It's crazy when you pop in NBA 2k9 and you see so much personalization in this area: Rasheed Wallace's bald spot, Joakim Noah's ponytail, Iverson's braid design (which is different than some of the other cornrows), etc. Now obviously, players have helmets so you can't see as much in the NFL. But I can tell you that Marion Barber doesn't wear his dreads like Al Harris or Rashean Mathis does. Why don't we get these detailed effects in Madden?
Ha..I couldn't agree more! Of course we want good gameplay but there is more to this game that is not being represented. Every post I have seen about accessories there are those that want to downplay the importance and come at ya with the gameplay first argument.

The injury accessories is a very cool idea and I think one Madden actually had something like that. You would have a knee injury and the player would come back with a brace. Is should def be in the game. I think back to last season when Adrian Peterson came back with the brace. Until the player is 100% he could sport the protective gear.

Secondly you mentioned hair. It is a must that we get more options. Why can't we change the style up and have a ton of different cuts to put in place of the current look. I use the my Vikings and it drives me crazy that Jared Allen is sporting a clean shaved look. WTF!! He is a crazed mountain man sacking machine! Let me throw the beird on and chase QBs all day! They just need to give more options and open the doors to custimization.

Mouth pieces of course should be something we see and are able to add to any player. QBs should be seen taking out theirs and putting back in as they move to line of scrimmage as well as RBs putting theirs back in as they are getting set.

Another post metioned eye black. A couple players have it but they are the only ones to get it. Should be something we can put on anyone. Alot of player have the sticky eye black and not the actual paint. Put it in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
T O W E L S

Check this pic out from NFL Fever 2004. This is what I am talking about. You have towels and of course with todays system they would look alot better. Also if you notice #44 for the Raiders. His pants do not cover his knees as you see alot DBs and Recievers wearing. You can also notice the moutpieces and how they are actually connected to the facemask. Very cool and also a game that is now almost 6 years old.

And this one showing Manning with the handwarmer.

Last edited by cedwebb; 11-25-2008 at 05:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »