Home

Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever...Who'd Be Interested?

This is a discussion on Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever...Who'd Be Interested? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Read This Chise Report?
Yes 8 61.54%
No 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #1
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17
Talking Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever...Who'd Be Interested?

Hey Guys,

Alright, so recently with the article posted about Allen Iverson being the best quarterback in Detroit right now, and with the thread that's in the NFL Discussion forum. It got me to thinking, I'm pretty bored right now, next week is finals, and I got bout a month of free time, so what if, I started a Franchise and actually created Allen Iverson and put him as the QB for the Lions and reported it on here. Stupid *** idea right? HOWEVER, would anyone read it? Cause I'll really do it if others will read.

Here's how I'd run it if I do decide to do it. First, I'd simulate the first year of the Franchise to be exactly how things are in the NFL right now (Lions are 0-12, Titans/Giants are 11-1, etc.) and then just simulate the last 4 weeks and let whatever happens happen. Simulate the playoffs and the Superbowl as well, then in the off-season I'd type up an article talking bout how A.I. called his NBA Career over and decided to take a chance in the NFL and then we'd go from there.

Now I know I know, that would never happen, but that's why it's a video game, I just thought it was an interesting idea...a stupid idea, but an interesting one at that. So yes, vote in the poll, leave your comments or suggestions if you have any. Bash me for such a dumb idea, just be honest!

Oh, and for those that haven't seen the article yet, here's the link to the story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,126977

Later,

Michael
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever...Who'd Be Interested?

I think most people would like to see the CAP you're going to use for Iverson before they decided to follow it.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 26

Yea man i'm all up for it!...sounds fun but yes i'd wanna see a video or picture of the Create A Player your gonna use for him as well

Old 12-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

Oh well no worries there, if I do decide to do it, I take pics/videos and everything. Obviously he's not going to be a very high overall. I was thinking about creating him around a 72-75 overall with very low awareness (since football is alot different than basketball), but a good arm (since that really never goes completely away) and speed.

Sidenote - It's funny how on a site that you aren't all well known, you get more no's than yes', haha. Over at MM (been there for 8 years...haha) I got 4 yes'. I should posted an example of my "work" before to let you guys know what kind of quality you can expect.

New Era. New Swagger. Same Tradition. - krulmichael's Michigan Wolverines Dynasty

That's the Michigan Wolverines Dynasty I decided to do this year, you may need to register on the site to see it...so if it's too much of a hassle, don't bother, haha.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Nice video package of Iverson playing football at the link.

I recall years ago seeing highlights of Iverson on I believe NFL films, he made everyone on the field look like they were standing still, plenty of NBA guys could be NFL guys and vice/versa.

The NFL is a game of attrition, being as dangerous as it is, there's thousands of guys sitting at home who got injured at the wrong time, not noticed, etc. who could play in the NFL, some could be stars.

Sports is an imperfect science, the NFL even moreso, there's more than a little luck in making an NFL paycheck, except for the few elite players, just about everyone is replacable. How many potential Tom Brady's and Jerry Rice's weren't even drafted? More than a few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Some CAP tiny players, huge players, themselves, their friends....

Why NOT AI at QB?

Sounds like fun...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

You might get better ratings with the return of Mike Vick to the NFL. Since everyone used to be crazy about Vick. That would be kinda cool.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
You might get better ratings with the return of Mike Vick to the NFL. Since everyone used to be crazy about Vick. That would be kinda cool.
Hmm, that's actually not a bad idea either. I'll take that into consideration as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »