Home

Madden 2010 already has been through some testing

This is a discussion on Madden 2010 already has been through some testing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden 2010 already has been through some testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
"People have asked us what kind of background do you need or what kind of training do you need. And there really isn't any," said Wright.

This explains A LOT!!!

EDIT:
To get EA Sports, the city of Baton Rouge put up $100,000 and other incentives - totaling near the 14 million dollar mark. The state also offered the game company a 20 percent tax credit. "

Along with this!!!! WOW EA WOW people now have to pay you to test your games. Honestly this does explain A lot of the problems! And before people go off my friend actually worked for EA and he said 90% of the people that tested madden were "World of Warcraft" gamers! 2010 off to a great start!!!!!!!!
First of all, its not uncommon for cities to put together incentive deals to attract a company since said company will provide jobs and revenue for the city.

And second...lol. Keep digging up the dirt, maybe you'll strike gold before long.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How so?

I mean, they are trained what to look for.
Thats like a RPG game coming to me and saying here "look for these things" and report what you find! When you test a game you DO NOT tell the testers what to look for because then thats all they look for. I would have no idea how a true RPG is supposed to be played, so when the programer tells me to "look" for this than thats all Im going to look for.

How many people you think mentioned OL/DL interaction, WR'DB Interaction, atmosphere, CPU AI etc.. etc.. etc... you get my point, I bet you the majority of complaints were no where near that! I wonder if Ian or Phil could get a list of the top complaints these "trained" testers came up with!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And second...lol. Keep digging up the dirt, maybe you'll strike gold before long.
Ya you could keep defending EA eventually, they might make a game that represents the NFL but I have a feeling I might find gold first
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Ya you could keep defending EA eventually, they might make a game that represents the NFL but I have a feeling I might find gold first
I'm not defending anything. I just find it funny how people are hell bent on putting EA in a negative light. I'm just trying to figure out the reasoning behind some of the claims.

No one has even seen Madden 2010, not even a screenshot, but now, since several people from Baton Rouge, who are being trained how to test the game, are testing the game, then its automatically a failure.

But out of curiosity, what did your friend do at EA? How long ago did he quit?

Last edited by countryboy; 12-08-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Thats like a RPG game coming to me and saying here "look for these things" and report what you find! When you test a game you DO NOT tell the testers what to look for because then thats all they look for. I would have no idea how a true RPG is supposed to be played, so when the programer tells me to "look" for this than thats all Im going to look for.

How many people you think mentioned OL/DL interaction, WR'DB Interaction, atmosphere, CPU AI etc.. etc.. etc... you get my point, I bet you the majority of complaints were no where near that! I wonder if Ian or Phil could get a list of the top complaints these "trained" testers came up with!
Do you even know what goes into a testing session?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I would love it if this area offered the same offer that Baton Rouge did. This area has been hit rock hard by the economy and our state is in a 4 billion $ deficit. That's beside the point, though.

Another thread where 10 is crucified before it comes out and in the planning stages.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 27

I think the testing discussion will always be a sore spot with the communities--and rightfully so--because of how buggy Madden has been over the years. There is no denying that quality control is in the tank right now.

I'm honestly not too concerned that LSU Students are doing some testing, it's just that C.D.'s quote makes me inquire about what the LSU students know about the game's well-known issues and if their testing will actually help lead to a fix of them. Overall, I'm wondering if outside testing alone in general will at this point. After all, it's not as if Team Madden isn't aware of all the things I mentioned in my first post in this thread. So it's just going to come down to whether they can actually be fixed or not. If some outside guys can have some influence on it though, I'm all for it I just don't know if that will actually happen.

If some of these problems are too great to fix without massive overhauling, then all of us could sign up and become testers and the problems will still be there regardless. We won't know what any of this will mean until August 11th, 2009... but that won't stop me from being curious until then, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #32
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Jeeze, look what I started

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »