Home

EA, I Learned Nothing From Backtrack or Virtual Trainer, May I Suggest A Few Things?

This is a discussion on EA, I Learned Nothing From Backtrack or Virtual Trainer, May I Suggest A Few Things? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
EA, I Learned Nothing From Backtrack or Virtual Trainer, May I Suggest A Few Things?

So I was kind of interested in backtrack and the virtual trainer when they were announced because I still have issues reading defenses and whatnot, but sadly neither one of them helped me at all

May I suggest a few things?

1. Make putting a man in motion easier, it's such a pain to do it currently. Maybe just make the right stick control a primary man in motion? After that you could let us select a secondary player if we'd like. Putting a man in motion is important in determining a defense and as of now, few do it online due the process taking so many button presses and time.

2. Add an option to see the play art of the defense while playing the cpu. Yes I know it would make the game pretty easy, but it would definitely help people pick up on the D's tendencies and how players move in their assignments. I know this sounds a little cheap, but heck we are already doing mulligans so what's the difference?

That's my 2 cents, if you want to make this game more accessible, anyone else have tips on reading the defense in the meantime? I mainly watch the safeties, but I usually don't have much time to progress to the LB's and whatnot as by that time, the pressure reaches me. Anyone know of an easier way to put players in motion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA, I Learned Nothing From Backtrack or Virtual Trainer, May I Suggest A Few Thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
1. Make putting a man in motion easier, it's such a pain to do it currently. Maybe just make the right stick control a primary man in motion? After that you could let us select a secondary player if we'd like. Putting a man in motion is important in determining a defense and as of now, few do it online due the process taking so many button presses and time.
I agree here! I think I even mentioned this in the Wishlist thread some time back. They should be able to simply modify the controls so that it can function as it did on the PS2/Xbox.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA, I Learned Nothing From Backtrack or Virtual Trainer, May I Suggest A Few Thin

this biggest problem is that instead of choosing between 3 wr's and 1 or 2 rb's you have to cycle through those players in addition to the linemen because of the lead blocking (which i personally have never used)...the difference between motion and lead blocking needs to be differentiated...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I just say they can it all together. Seriously, if someone wants to learn how to play madden, buy madden 09
Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

I kind of think that the lead blocker thing needs to go... or at least locked for online. Not many use it and I hear it's unbalanced (most times you get a pancake).

But back to my post, putting a man in motion needs to be easier because it's a pain right now. I would like to see the changes I mentioned because it would make the game more accessible, and that seems to be what they are going for.

They will not can it, they want to make madden as accessible as possible to get as many people playing it as they can. What's really strange is that the old mini games from PS2 was how I learned to play, and that was much better than anything currently. Football 101 from 2003 (I think) was really nice as well. It had a commentary for all of the formations and plays on offense.

Last edited by cdon2k; 12-07-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't understand why the controls for motion were changed... the PS2-era Madden player motion controls were quicker to use (use up/down to cycle through all players eligible to place in motion, left/right to put selected player in motion). Holding B and then having to use the directions through every offensive player to the guy I want to move isn't hard, but it's cumbersome and unnecessary.

The BackTrack feature would work better if Collinsworth made better corrections of the player. Frequently, in my experience, he'll highlight a wide receiver that isn't open and talk about how open the tight end was. It takes away from what otherwise is a neat feature.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

I think my idea of being able to see the d's play art would be neat. I rarely play the cpu to win (all pro is too easy, and all madden stops your d players from reacting) so it would be nice to pick up on how the players move within the plays.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a suggestion too. Stop putting man-hours into developing gimmicks like backtrack until you get the basics of A.I. correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »